From Russia with love....

View previous topic View next topic Go down

From Russia with love....

Post by eddiea on 2012-12-27, 19:40

Finally my Boctok Scuba Dude arrived.....
First a few words about delivery, buying watches from Russia takes patience...it took 18 days from Chistopol to Florida.
The vendor ChistopolCity shipped the watch register mail with tracking immediately after the transaction was completed on December 9th, amazingly the Russian Post tracking worked flawlessly, I was able to follow the process including Customs in Russia, until the 17th of December when the watch was "exported" to the US, unfortunately things when south from that point on , even though the package was supposed to be scanned at arrival , USPS just decided to either ignored that step or they just don't gave a fuck and the watch "disappear" from trackin for 10 days until today, when they entered this morning on the USPS tracking web site and proceed to lefted in my mail box without the required signature, this afternoon .. (no wonder the mothefuckers are losing billions of dollars)
That said , the Dude needs very little introduction, the bracelet make you think is probably better to get torture by the KGB that wear the shit, so it was discarded at arrival, aside from that ? an iconic, bullet proof watch with an interesting divers design and a very accurated movement (not to mention full of coolness) that costed me $56 plus shipping...
Probably the best review in the web, is from this crazy Aussie dude, way down under ...excellent!!
http://forums.watchuseek.com/f54/vostok-amphibia-analysis-design-methodology-491757.html
Some quick pics...

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: From Russia with love....

Post by AJC on 2012-12-27, 21:39

The polished compass bezel with that tropic strap is a really good combo. That's one of the best looking amphibias I've seen.

Andrew
Kensington has two kinds of houses; crack and whore, take your pick.

AJC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus on 2012-12-27, 22:45

I own a couple of Boctok watches, and both are pretty tough characters. As you indicated, Eddie, this diver exudes coolness - and toughness at one and the same time. And it was only $56? How cool is that?! Me likey lots! bounce

Worth the wait, I'd guess...

Mortuus
Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime on 2012-12-28, 20:37

Another Dude abides.

Coolness.

AlbertaTime

View user profile

Back to top Go down