Desk Diver Forum

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Go down

Desk Diver Forum

Post by Ocean on 2013-01-30, 21:50

I would like to welcome any members of Desk Diver to join here and check it out the forum. Enjoy the forum, take a look at watch brand of the month and take a penny leave a penny.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Desk Diver Forum

Post by Mortuus on 2013-01-31, 06:34

^ ^ ^ ^ ^ ^
What HE said...!
What a Face

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC on 2013-01-31, 11:41

Yeah me too.
The DD Forum had some good guys. Ron, Brice, etc. I hope to see some of them here in the near future.

I bought my Seiko Landmonster there as well.

Andrew
Kensington has two kinds of houses; crack and whore, take your pick.

AJC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SynMike on 2013-01-31, 16:54

DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.

Here's a collection pic. It's a little bit old, I've trimmed about 20 from this and added just a few.

SynMike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean on 2013-01-31, 17:10

Welcome, glad to see you here. Post what you like.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea on 2013-01-31, 17:34

SynMike wrote:DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.
Here's a collection pic. It's a little bit old, I've trimmed about 20 from this and added just a few.

I heard you Mike...welcome and I think along those lines, we all at one point or another get bored , busy etc...losing the main "hangout" is not easy .
But what happened there? I thought it was a fair amount of traffic ...

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by SynMike on 2013-01-31, 18:26

I don't know what happened. The forum was started by 2 guys. It was never a busy forum, only a couple dozen active members. But it was a friendly place with a small but loyal group, just a bunch of great guys. One of the 2 founders left without saying why. I don't know if discussions of a shut down occurred recently, I was out of touch for a week on a business trip. The day I returned I got an email saying it was shut down and the forum was already wiped out so I cant go back and see what discussion might have happened. In fact, the same thing occurred with my prior favorite forum, also started by at least 1 of the 2 same guys. It was also shut down and wiped without warning. It's a poor way to close shop, effectively a punishment to the active members.

SynMike

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean on 2013-01-31, 18:56

I know Jerry left (agent orange) leaving falcon holding the bag. There was another forum tears ago that had the same thing happen. It is a shame that it wasn't offered to the members to take over or send the info to another forum as it have some good info on it.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigedsurf on 2013-01-31, 20:29

SynMike wrote:DD was my former main hangout. I'm very disappointed to see it go. I'll hang out here a bit in my search for a new home but to be honest I'm a bit worn out by forums. Interests grow or fade and I'm in a bit of a lull as watch interests go at the moment. The death of DD doesn't encourage me. Wow I sound like a real downer. Sorry about that.

Hey, I recognize that Wave Ceptor..........Good to see you here Mike

Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Berrnard on 2013-02-04, 10:38

From the DD forum Sad , hope i can contribute here

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC on 2013-02-04, 10:59

I posted at least once a day there (mostly in the WURW sub) but was on the site everyday and saw no mention of an impending closure.

Andrew
Kensington has two kinds of houses; crack and whore, take your pick.

AJC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea on 2013-02-04, 11:18

Berrnard wrote:From the DD forum Sad , hope i can contribute here
Welcome Berrnard....

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 on 2013-02-04, 14:31

I too posted every day, as 074 in that forum. Did not hear really much about shutting down either. glad to see you here Berrnard, synmike and the rest of you guy's.
kahuna74

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean on 2013-02-04, 14:40

Welcome to the forum Berrnard.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus on 2013-02-04, 18:01

Welcome aboard, Berrnard; glad you're here...

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falcon4311 on 2013-02-10, 16:58

Well guys, I'm here. Yes, Jerry's departure was not welcomed and it seemed as though things quickly dropped off, to the point where we had 4 members posting in the wrist check threads. Jerry did this before and he shut THG down. I will never be involved in any watch forum with him again. Compulsive is what comes to mind. Suffice to say that I'm very upset with his hasty illogical actions and he left me holding the bag, no thanks or instructions on the running of the forum. Anyway; onward and upward.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus on 2013-02-10, 17:36

Welcome to WF! Very glad to have you aboard. And don't worry; the only genuine compulsiveness here is the sudden and highly illogical purchase of watches... alien

falcon4311 wrote:Well guys, I'm here. Yes, Jerry's departure was not welcomed and it seemed as though things quickly dropped off, to the point where we had 4 members posting in the wrist check threads. Jerry did this before and he shut THG down. I will never be involved in any watch forum with him again. Compulsive is what comes to mind. Suffice to say that I'm very upset with his hasty illogical actions and he left me holding the bag, no thanks or instructions on the running of the forum. Anyway; onward and upward.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by bigedsurf on 2013-02-10, 17:48

Welcome Falcon...........Damn shame about Jerry

Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falcon4311 on 2013-02-10, 19:07

Thanks guys! It is Ed, had he put in the effort as he said he would, he complained about new members not posting as well as existing members not contributing to starting threads. He has a very negative attitude which rubbed myself as well as others the wrong way. That said, I hope that I will be able to call this my new home.

I find huge forums to be too much for my liking, it's hard to develop friends when you belong to a forum that has 100 thousand members.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea on 2013-02-10, 19:27

Interesting stuff Falcon, did couple transactions with Jerry once, years ago that when fine ...but didn't know him well...
Welcome....

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falcon4311 on 2013-02-10, 19:36

He's alright to buy from but don't get involved with him in any way where forums are concerned. I hope never to hear from him again. Some of you ex Desk Divers might be surprised to hear me saying this, but a lot went on behind the scenes.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea on 2013-02-10, 19:53

falcon4311 wrote:He's alright to buy from but don't get involved with him in any way where forums are concerned. I hope never to hear from him again. Some of you ex Desk Divers might be surprised to hear me saying this, but a lot went on behind the scenes.
Heard you...last I heard from him he told me that he got rid of all his Zodiacs or something to that effect , that I though at the time was odd, but that was years ago.

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falcon4311 on 2013-02-10, 20:00

He would go through phases. He went from Invicta, vintage, Zodiac, digital, automatic, quartz, big, small, divers and dress watches. Then he would start the cycle all over again. This was another aspect of his personality, he never knew what he wanted. I'm not here bashing Jerry, I'm just laying out the truth for all to see.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean on 2013-02-10, 21:14

It is a shame, I got the email and went over to see what was going on just to see it was gone. Do hope you kept some of the information from the site, some it was very good.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by falcon4311 on 2013-02-10, 21:22

Unfortunately I didn't. I was angry at the time which prompted me to make the decision before I changed my mind.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

View previous topic View next topic Back to top