WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May TTV Preview

4 posters

Go down

May TTV Preview Empty May TTV Preview

Post by DBCooper 2012-04-30, 09:48

DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

May TTV Preview Empty Re: May TTV Preview

Post by mrneddles 2012-04-30, 10:39

There was some Facebook chatter complaining about the sapphire coated mineral crystal. I actually ordered one when these were first released on shoprenato.com. I was a bit underwhelmed and returned it.

I will be interested to see what the TTV price is.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-04-30, 19:52

What I find funny is Avi saying that the crystal is something of an up grade...not so much
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Hater 2012-05-01, 07:40

Equally humorous is they used that crystal due to the use of a rubber strap (sport nature of the watch or something like that).
Hater
Hater
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-05-01, 15:12

Pure and utter ignorance, in my opinion.

"We used a mineral crystal BECAUSE of the rubber strap".

That's the most ridiculous comment she's made to date in regards to Renato.
I own many Renatos on rubber and by using her logic, they should be mineral instead of sapphire. Hell, maybe I should break out my diamond tester and find out if they really are sapphire.

This is why I have no use for Avi. Regardless of her looks, she seems just like every other huckster. Either ignorant or disingenuous...or both?

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-02, 09:02

Hater wrote:Equally humorous is they used that crystal due to the use of a rubber strap (sport nature of the watch or something like that).
Stormchaser wrote:Pure and utter ignorance, in my opinion.

"We used a mineral crystal BECAUSE of the rubber strap".

It's my understanding that mineral is more shatter resistant than sapphire? Perhaps that was her reasoning for suggesting this. I personally would never choose mineral over sapphire but perhaps that was her angle.
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-05-02, 09:29

How many crystals have you shattered? I have never shattered a sapphire that includes a 5 story drop phone didn't hold up as well.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-05-02, 09:41

I understand that she's trying to tout mineral as being more shatter proof. What I think is the real concern is Renato may be dropping their quality standards and trying to suggest it's a good thing.

I realize sapphire and mineral each have their pros and cons.

I just don't like how she suggests the cheaper crystal is somehow "better" just because they're trying to cut costs.

I find it insulting, to be honest.

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-05-02, 09:42

DBCooper wrote:
It's my understanding that mineral is more shatter resistant than sapphire? Perhaps that was her reasoning for suggesting this. I personally would never choose mineral over sapphire but perhaps that was her angle.

correct

my only thinking is a dive application maybe. divers usually want a mineral for the beefier shatter resistance, they like sapphire coated better. but then i wonder, who would wear a beast diving? idk, only sapphire for me

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-02, 10:07

Ocean wrote:How many crystals have you shattered? I have never shattered a sapphire that includes a 5 story drop phone didn't hold up as well.
I have shattered a couple of el cheapos (that weren't sapphire for sure). I made it clear that I would never choose mineral over sapphire. It was just a possible explantion for her reasoning. Plus the fact that I like her teeters Smile
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-02, 10:18

Stormchaser wrote:I understand that she's trying to tout mineral as being more shatter proof. What I think is the real concern is Renato may be dropping their quality standards and trying to suggest it's a good thing.

I realize sapphire and mineral each have their pros and cons.

I just don't like how she suggests the cheaper crystal is somehow "better" just because they're trying to cut costs.

I find it insulting, to be honest.
I wouldn't let it bother me Stormchaser. And BTW if I ever get to meet needles in person and he's wearing that Chronoscope (the one with the plastic crystal Razz ) the next time he hugs his wife could be with one arm and a nub Twisted Evil
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-05-05, 20:59

Ocean wrote:What I find funny is Avi saying that the crystal is something of an up grade...not so much

Well, if Invicter can sell "Flame Delusion is an upgrade over sapphire", why not? Apparently people will believe it...

P.S. It will be curious what the price is. The prices since the brand's "rebirth" have been underwhelming, to say the least...

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down