Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR...

Go down

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Empty Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR...

Post by AlbertaTime on 2013-03-01, 23:26

...and I am again humbled by the generosity of people who are kind enough to support my efforts. Thank you very, very much.

I received two watches, both of them pieces I don't already have: a Beifang with lume (that worked at least at one point in time)...and a Donfeng with elegant long hands and "Tianjin" in an elegant script.

Beifang:

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Beifang_face_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Beifang_crown_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Beifang_caseback_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Beifang_movement_1

I think it says A06 under the balance wheel but my old eyes could easily deceive me...

Dongfeng:

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Dongfeng_face_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Dongfeng_crown_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Dongfeng_caseback_1

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Dongfeng_movement_1
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Empty Re: Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR...

Post by Mortuus on 2013-03-02, 02:33

Excellent gifts, sir! I always really enjoy the way you select such perfect strap colors for your new acquisitions; you could be a color consultant, I'd bet...seriously. As always, good work & congratulations, Ron! alien / What a Face

Founder

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR... Empty Re: Another mystery donor package arrives at the AMCHPR...

Post by eddiea on 2013-03-02, 09:30

Nice!...question , do you restore those watches or leave them as?

eddiea

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime on 2013-03-02, 13:45

eddiea wrote:Nice!...question , do you restore those watches or leave them as?
If the watch works well (and these two sure do) I leave them as is. I don't restore the dials either...spots or marks on the dials are left just the way they are. (By the way, the light (what looks like:) dirty purple "smudging" on the crown side of the Dongfeng dial is just reflection from the rock, not a dial stain)

If the watch doesn't work (which is quite rare) I have them serviced as I can afford to do so...and I'm taking about 5 or 6 watches to Mr. Cao in Beijing with me for exactly that purpose. I ask that any repairs be done with original parts.

AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles on 2013-03-02, 16:57

Always interesting to see your watches. Ballpark, how many in your collection if you don't mind?

Founding Member & Administrator

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by 3flushes on 2013-03-02, 17:13

Very cool project- The website is fun and informative- I knew little of Chinese watches and movements. It's cool that you have those serviced when you go to China, must save you some serious skins.
3flushes
3flushes

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime on 2013-03-02, 21:16

mrneddles wrote:Always interesting to see your watches. Ballpark, how many in your collection if you don't mind?

Thank you :-)

Chinese, somewhere over 160 in good working order.
Non-chinese...about 35: Swiss, Japanese, North Korean, Indian.

...so: about a couple of hundred total
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime on 2013-03-02, 21:18

To all of you...I really appreciate all your very kind comments and the interest you show in my somewhat "different" collection. Thank you.
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down