WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Barracuda watch

2 posters

Go down

Barracuda watch Empty Barracuda watch

Post by kahuna74 2013-03-20, 19:42

This is my newest watch. It is a Vintage Barracuda Brand Diver's watch build in Hong Kong. The Chinese quartz Movement was replaced with a new one, The new one is a Swiss ETA 955.124 Movement. The watch is 44mm from the #9 to the crown and 46mm Lug to Lug. The watch is 10mm thick. It also has had new seals, gaskets installed and pass a water-pressure test. Seems like a lot to spend on a vintage Hong Kong built watch yet I find this thing to be built really well. Solid S/S case and with all the improvements she should last a long time. And hey, if Doxa can do it for a couple of Grand I can do for less than two Hundred.
Barracuda watch Frontbarracuda

I think the Dial looks like a Seiko Dial.
Barracuda watch Backofbarracuda

Back showing ETA movement before water -pressure test and after rebuild is complete. Pictures are not my pic's, they where taken by Carlo's the watch smith.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Barracuda watch Empty Re: Barracuda watch

Post by eddiea 2013-03-20, 21:57

A fun project, nice looking diver for very little...well done!!
Believe Hamilton used the 955.124 in a Khaki in the past, the 955.124 has been discontinued and replaced by the ETA 955.122...still, it is a solid movement.
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2013-03-20, 22:31

Thank you eddiea, I am trying to find some info on this brand, nothing so far on the net. This is one of my most fun watches in a few years I think. One of the reasons I enjoy this Hobby so much. I am waiting on a Hamilton diver from Carlo's right now and will post some pic's when it get here.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down