WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino

5 posters

Go down

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Empty My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino

Post by MAXg 2013-06-15, 11:52

I have always been interested in this watch and since Orient seems to be so well loved that when a preloved specimen became available I decided to go for it.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient03

As you can see, the case, hands and applied markers are rose gold and the dial is a not quite flat black.  The dial is very retro, flat and raised in the center with the sides dropping down.  The black lettered date on a white background encased in a square marking is very easy to read and doesnt look out of place.  I would have prefered no date but the watches this one is paying homage to all had one as I remember. Having had a real rose gold watch at one time I find the color on this one to be a bit on the copper/bronze side but this is not a bad thing given todays love for bronze cases..

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient10
My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient15

The watch is quite thin for an automatic and has a domed, mineral crystal that brings it to a still acceptable 11.8mm to fit well under a shirt sleeve.  The 5.5mm push-pull crown is signed with the Orient logo.  The automatic movement used in this watch is the made in house in Japan Orient cal.48743.  It is non winding and non hacking.  Specs are for +25-10 seconds but mine has been running better than COSC specs at +/- 1 second for a week now!!!!!!
People have complained about the rotor being a little noisy and they are right.  You can hear it but not to an annoying level and I like it.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient07

The back is a little plain but is solid SS, screw in and nicely finished.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient13

The signed, rose gold buckle compliments the watch nicely.  The genuine leather, 21mm crocodile patterned strap looks nice but is a little stiff initially.  Mine seems to be breaking in nicely and probably wont have to be replaced.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient04

The watch is nicely proportioned and fits my 6 1/2 inch wrist nicely while looking larger than its 40 mm without the crown.  Lug to lug measures 46mm so there is no overhang problem. It has NO lume and only 30 meters of water resistance but on a dress watch I dont find this a problem.

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Orient06

All in all, I find the Orient Bambino to be a very comfortable watch to wear, a great value for the money with great fit and finish.  It also comes in a silver case with a white dial model.   It imitates the expensive watches of the 50s and 60s and does a great great job of it.
MAXg
MAXg

Back to top Go down

My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino  Empty Re: My New Pre-Loved Orient Bambino

Post by itfc1959 2013-06-27, 12:46

Lovely looking piece. I'm a sucker for the Rose Gold / Black face interface and that is a very nice example. Could I be a rude bastard and ask what, um, how much?

itfc1959

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2013-06-28, 08:08

That has to be the best Bambino I have had the pleasure of seeing. Simply a beautiful time piece.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by MAXg 2013-06-30, 10:19

itfc1959 wrote:Lovely looking piece. I'm a sucker for the Rose Gold / Black face interface and that is a very nice example. Could I be a rude bastard and ask what, um, how much?

No problem, they list for ~$280 and can usually be bought new on line for about $180.  Pre loved usually bring about $140.

Thanks for the comments, Guys.
MAXg
MAXg

Back to top Go down

Post by Okies 2013-07-06, 15:03

That's really nice! I like that the markers match the case! Sweet.
Okies
Okies

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2013-07-08, 10:43

Nice looking pick up Max. Hope you're enjoying the Bambino. In the words of conjurer how the hell is doing the naming of the Orients.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down