WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial

3 posters

Go down

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Empty Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-27, 21:07

This just in...from the soggy Philippines:

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial DSCN76132_zpse8731b8f

Easy to wear and very comfortable with replacement Seiko rubber strap, complete with "diver's pleat" on both sides of the case.  It's nice and long for larger wrist sizes, as can be seen below.

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial DSCN76152_zps874fe872

Just L@@K at that dial in all its (almost certainly post-market) guh-reen glory... alien 

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Sayko-Greenie_zps1caa5a32

A different view...

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Sayko-Greenie4_zps4c177ec5

An always-beautiful Seiko caseback.

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial DSCN76192_zps60919ef5

Same caseback, more detail...

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Sayko-Greenie2_zpsbcd88230

And, best of all, Mort gets to take a short trip down Memory Lane with a color that's not only his favorite, but a perfect match with a favorite USN squadron...

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial DSCN76232_zps4e589f2a

Mort is a happy camper yet again...review to follow in a few weeks.  Many thanks for looking, as always.
alien
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Empty Re: Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial

Post by kahuna74 2013-08-28, 07:34

Very nice mort. My orange Dialed Seiko Diver came from over there and then I sent it to Hong Kong to have Harold do some work on it. one of my favorite watches.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Empty Re: Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial

Post by SemperEadem2 2013-08-29, 00:57

Nice watch; thanks for sharing.

One point - I thought those divers had pepsi bezels? Red from 12 o'clock to 4 o'clock; blue the rest of the way. I've never seen one all black before.
SemperEadem2
SemperEadem2

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2013-08-29, 06:55

SemperEadem2 wrote:Nice watch; thanks for sharing.

One point - I thought those divers had pepsi bezels?  Red from 12 o'clock to 4 o'clock; blue the rest of the way.  I've never seen one all black before.
They are rebuild over in the Islands. My Orange dial 0020 had after market hands and an after market pepsi bezel. I have sense changed out the bezel,crystal, and hands to get it to look like this.
Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial Kklv
Case has also been bead blasted.

She is a little rough looking now as she gets a lot of wrist time.
Seiko Automatic Scuba Diver's Watch with Green Dial 0c7r
Love this watch. So much you can still do with the older Seiko Divers.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by SemperEadem2 2013-08-29, 12:23

I like those last two pictures. The one on the top has a pretty strong Rolex Explorer vibe to it. Were you intending that to be an Explorer homage?

Although I don't like NATO straps myself, that NATO looks good there.
SemperEadem2
SemperEadem2

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2013-08-29, 12:56

That is the same watch in both pictures. The second one is with a flash on Iphone. I change out the straps a lot because its like getting a new watch. I never thought about it looking like an Explorer? No, That was not what I was going for. Just how the dial looked in my head I guess? The Nato is what Harold sent it back on, so I seem to go back to it a lot.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down