WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished?

+5
temerityb
kahuna74
Ocean
wottime
Mortuus
9 posters

Go down

EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished? Empty EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished?

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-07, 21:15

Let me start by saying that the mere thought of writing this makes me very sad...

Maybe I should be putting this 'editorial' in one of the two other watch forums I belong to, as I believe they're probably better places to have this post actually read.  I don't know at the moment, but I guess we'll see, won't we?

It could be that all forums as we know them are slowly dying out in favor of Facebook or MySpace or whatever.  Or maybe we're too much like Watchlords in design (though not in temperament).  Perhaps it's just a forgotten place, what with its members being incredibly active in other places.

Whatever the reason, it is my sense, as one of the founders here, that Watchforums.org is on its way out.  Even our once-the-most-active-thread, Watch You are Wearing, has died a slow, anonymous death.

Every time I log in, I see a number of 'guests' in the queue, ostensibly visiting the site and reading its contents.  If you're one of these guests and you happened to come across this post, why not register with us and log in...?  And if you're already a member...well, it's up to you.

Hey, I'm just as guilty of abandoning this place as anyone else who's not here.  By my calculations, before I posted this, I hadn't been here since well prior to the start of the 2013 holiday season.  By way of excuse-making, it does get a bit old - and lonely - being the only poster here, but it's still a place that deserves to be active.

If not, then perhaps it's time to pull the plug and make it official...

...what say you?

(And cue the crickets...now.)
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished? Empty Re: EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished?

Post by wottime 2014-01-12, 19:30

Quiet the crickets for a minute, please....

For what it is worth... I have enjoyed this site. The WBOTD was a way I learned quite a bit. Atmosphere was good. I admire you for undertaking this site. I would hate to see it go, but would understand. Got to have involvement to have a forum. I too am guilty of not being involved like I used to be on any forum that I am a member of. Thank you for your work on this site.

Resume the crickets.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished? Empty Re: EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished?

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-13, 03:18

Thanks for reading the note and for your response, wotts.  It's good to see another member here after all this time!  What a Face 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2014-01-13, 18:12

Mort I have been been a bit busy lately posting most of the time from my phone. I have sent you a pm.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2014-01-14, 19:51

I like to visit here when I can. The Holiday season seems to have me visiting here and my other forum a little less lately.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-14, 20:09

No finger-pointing or blaming, here.  My intent was to hopefully bring back our more active members and, if possible, bring in some new ones, as there are always 'guests' reading what's on the site...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2014-01-15, 08:17

The guests are from the Twitter and Facebook pages.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-15, 16:20

Ocean wrote:The guests are from the Twitter and Facebook pages.

I'm sorry, O, but I don't know what that means...  confused
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by temerityb 2014-01-19, 18:49

Let's not let things die! This a great group and I am 100 percent guilty of not chiming in nearly enough. I really liked the site and joined quickly, but since it's been just WL and sports sites as my daily fill of Interwebs. But I'll tell you what - koi posted a link, I looked around once again, and I like what I see. And I promise to be good - there's a lot of good stuff here that deserves to be seen.
temerityb
temerityb

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Feathers 2014-01-20, 00:28

I beg forgiveness.

My presence offers negligible improvement but I value this forum and want it to remain active.

Note: I dig the large font, old guys like Mortus and I need all the help we can get  Very Happy 
Horse Feathers
Horse Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-20, 01:02

Horse Feathers wrote:I beg forgiveness.

My presence offers negligible improvement but I value this forum and want it to remain active.

Note: I dig the large font, old guys like Mortus and I need all the help we can get  Very Happy 
No need to seek forgiveness; life is what happens, yadda-yadda-yadda...  What a Face Glad to see you back, HF!  Your contributions have always been significant and very welcome.  Oh, watch out for the clumps of bright green lint everywhere on the floor...the tennis balls on Conjurer's walker were shedding big time when last he was here...  jocolor
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-20, 02:32

temerityb wrote:Let's not let things die! This a great group and I am 100 percent guilty of not chiming in nearly enough. I really liked the site and joined quickly, but since it's been just WL and sports sites as my daily fill of Interwebs. But I'll tell you what - koi posted a link, I looked around once again, and I like what I see. And I promise to be good - there's a lot of good stuff here that deserves to be seen.
Welcome back, TB!  Glad to see you...and even your really creepy avatar.  Very Happy  Is that 'Gorgeous George?'
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Feathers 2014-01-20, 02:47

Mortuus wrote:
Horse Feathers wrote:I beg forgiveness.

Oh, watch out for the clumps of bright green lint everywhere on the floor...the tennis balls on Conjurer's walker were shedding big time when last he was here...  jocolor

Was wondering what that was, I guess part of growing old is dragging your balls wherever you go  Shocked 
Horse Feathers
Horse Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2014-06-26, 13:54

I think we need a lot of titty pictures and shit.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by JAS1125 2014-06-26, 14:48

conjurer wrote:I think we need a lot of titty pictures and shit.

EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished? 1125

JAS1125

Back to top Go down

Post by airframer 2014-06-26, 22:54

conjurer wrote:I think we need a lot of titty pictures and shit.
EDITORIAL: Is Watchforums.org Finished? Z
airframer
airframer

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2014-07-16, 14:44

Its July, 2014. It ante dead yet. I say we try to make it better.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by kahuna74 2014-07-16, 14:55

Big ones please.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down