WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500

3 posters

Go down

Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Empty Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500

Post by aztecknight 2012-07-28, 23:33

A serious dive watch. That's all that really needs to be said about this watch. I have owned this watch 2 years and don't see myself selling anytime soon.

Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagaqua2

Specs:
Origin: Swiss Made
Movement: Tag Heuer Caliber 60 41 jewels (ETA 2892 with Dubois Depraz 2073 chronograph module)
Dial: Tri compax chronograph layout with running seconds at 3, 12 hour totalizer at 6, and 24 hour indicator at 9. The chronograph minute and seconds hands are in the center.
Water Resistant: 500 Meters
Case Back: Solid
Clasp Type: Signed brushed stainless steel dual deployant with divers extension
Dimensions: 43mm x 16mm
Case Material: Brushed Stainless Steel
Bezel: 60 click unidirectional locking ratcheting bezel
Crystal: Sapphire
Crown: Signed screw down crown

Watch comes on a 22mm bracelet with a dual deployant clasp and a well done divers extension. The caseback has a well done embossed scuba diver helmet, excellent detail and one of the cooler casebacks I've seen, the other being the Omega Seamaster.
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagdeclasp
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagback
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagcaseback

Watch is 500 meters water resistant and comes with an automatic helium escape valve. The crown has security feature that warns the wearer when the crown isn't screwed down properly. This is accomplished by a yellow gasket on this watch that is visible when the crown is out. The pushers are also functional under water. Bracelet/strap changes are made easier by the drilled lugs.
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagcrown
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagsidenc
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagncdial

Has a unique auto-locking unidirectional bezel. 60 clicks and requires the user to push down on at least two opposing points before the bezel will rotate. For such a complex dial, it is actually very easy to read. The chronograph second and minute hands are on the center stack with the time hour and minute hands. The movement is an ETA 2892 with a Dubois Depraz chronograph module stacked on top. It's been accurate, keeping +8s/day or so.
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagright
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagright2
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagleft
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagleft2
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagfront
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagfront2

The lume is excellent as it should be.
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Taglume

Looks great on the wrist. The brushed finish is great and there are even a few polished areas on the hour markers and hour/minute hands to give it a little shine.
Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Tagaqua

Get to the point
Pros: Great movement, pushers functional under water, 500 meters water resistant, auto-locking ratcheting bezel, superb fit and finish, drilled lugs
Cons: Crown can dig into the wrist, a little heavy, sapphire crystal could stand to have a few more layers of AR coating.

Finally I leave you with a video of this watch.

aztecknight

Back to top Go down

Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500 Empty Re: Tag Heuer Aquagraph 500

Post by DBCooper 2012-07-29, 00:48

Cool review, I like it Very Happy
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by temerityb 2012-07-29, 22:10

Why would you ever want to sell that one? Yum-o.
temerityb
temerityb

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down