WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa

3 posters

Go down

WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa  Empty WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa

Post by mrneddles 2012-08-30, 21:44

Throwing this one in last minute, and from my iPad, so if not up to the usual standard, fuck off. They caught my eye as they sell them in the Orvis catalog. Cheap Chinese I'm guessing, but I found them mildly compelling as most vintage watches I've owned are ready to fall apart if you look at them too hard. So the concept of a vintage watch with modern materials seems kinda maybe mildly ok. Or maybe not. You decide.

http://www.circawatch.com/index.htm
Welcome to Circa Watch Company
WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa  Sw-CT101TL

A Circa Timepiecetm is an exquisite reproduction that captures the true design and detail of the most popular selling watches from the 1920s through 1950s. "An era when watches were considered small works of art".

Circa Vintage Watch Company, makers of Circa Timepiecetm, specialize in the manufacturing of "Vintage Revival" watches from the 1920s through the 1950s.

A Circa "Vintage Revival" watch is an original vintage watch design that has been carefully selected for reproduction based on its original uniqueness, popularity and collectibility. Some of the designs were even made popular by early Hollywood Movie Stars and trend setters, whose choices in fashion influenced an era.

A Circa Timepiecetm maintains the beauty, fine craftsmanship and quality of the original vintage watch while offering the convenience of modern day movement.

At Circa Watch Company we have now made it affordable for you to own and enjoy an original vintage watch design. You no longer have to pay a collector's price to own a piece of history.

WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa  Sw-CT119T
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa  Empty Re: WBOTD 8.30.12: Circa

Post by Mortuus 2012-08-30, 23:29

I have a genuine love of the vintage styles, and as you rightly point out, genuine vintage pieces are not robust things. Basically, you're paying top dollar for a watch you don't dare put on the wrist for anything more than a few drinks in the study, assuming you have a study...or a decent brandy, for that matter. drunken

I'm liking this one a lot:
http://www.circawatch.com/ct101tb.htm

I love all things art deco, and many of these are marvelous examples of that influence. And I had to look several times to make sure I was seeing the prices correctly.

I also find it very interesting - and not in a bad way - that they're just up the coast in the OC. I might just take a mosey on up there to see if they have a storefront at the address they give, or if it's just a mail drop, as my cynical side suspects. And, if I do make the trip, I'll report the results here ASAP after I get back. Question Arrow Exclamation

Thanks for posting, Neds. I'm intrigued. What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-08-30, 23:48

Mort, before you make the trip, that orange, CA address is a box at a UPS store.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-08-31, 02:04

AJC wrote:Mort, before you make the trip, that orange, CA address is a box at a UPS store.
Oh, DAMN...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down