WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby?

+10
eddiea
temerityb
AJC
conjurer
Hater
DBCooper
madhu
Ocean
Mortuus
mrneddles
14 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby?

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-28, 17:49

Best answer by far...Well done, E.A. What a Face

eddiea wrote:Biggest mistake? start collecting, way back in the 70's.....
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby? - Page 2 Empty Re: What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby?

Post by Ocean 2012-09-28, 17:50

AJC wrote:My biggest mistake? I owned this monstrosity, complete with diamonds, i even think i left the house with it on once or twice.

Why would make us suffer by putting that up? What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby? - Page 2 Th?id=I.4519362911338524&pid=1
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-09-28, 17:58

Big invicta quartz cornografts yo!
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-09-28, 18:38

AJC wrote:My biggest mistake? I owned this monstrosity, complete with diamonds, i even think i left the house with it on once or twice.
What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby? - Page 2 IMG_20111221_095713
"The horror ... the horror ..."
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy 2012-09-28, 22:18

Northwestguy
Northwestguy

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-29, 00:10

...10K ? Neutral

Northwestguy wrote:10K
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by aztecknight 2012-09-29, 00:16

I made many of the same type. Buying a watch cause it was a great deal. Had a bunch of watches I didn't really like.

aztecknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy 2012-09-29, 08:35

Mortuus wrote:...10K ? Neutral

The amount I spent on tv watches.....................
Northwestguy
Northwestguy

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-09-29, 10:22

Northwestguy wrote:

OUCH. And I was pissed I spent $300.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-09-29, 10:27

Northwestguy wrote:

Ouch!
What is the biggest mistake you have made in this hobby? - Page 2 Image-169
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Northwestguy 2012-09-29, 10:27

Just like when you cut yourself unexpectedly, it didn't hurt at first....................it was only after going through and adding up the receipts I kept (and I kept them all!) that the pain hit me. I healed and moved on but the scar remains. The receipts are still in a ziplock bag...........not really sure why I continue to keep them.
Northwestguy
Northwestguy

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-09-29, 10:46

Just imagine if you paid full retail. Ha. That would have been like $100k. Just like the 45 invictas worth $70k that Eyal donated to the military.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-09-29, 10:49

My biggest mistake was hearing, but not listening to Dad when he looked at the Invicta cordoba on my wrist and said "what are you going to do with that?"
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-29, 14:50

Northwestguy wrote:Just like when you cut yourself unexpectedly, it didn't hurt at first....................it was only after going through and adding up the receipts I kept (and I kept them all!) that the pain hit me. I healed and moved on but the scar remains. The receipts are still in a ziplock bag...........not really sure why I continue to keep them.

You're a far braver man than I, NW; I started to do the same thing, but got increasingly shell-shocked as I added them up. If I wasn't such an ostrich, I'd no doubt find that I'm right up there with you. I do take some comfort (Schadenfreude, perhaps?) in the fact that there were a whole lot of people who ran up far heavier debts than that - and some of them still drink the fool-aid even now... Hell, I'm probably one of them, as I have yet to let go of my Renato 'habit.' (Thank God I've only bought a couple of the 'new' Renatos...) Ditto Android. bom
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Horse Feathers 2012-09-29, 16:09

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
conjurer wrote:This is true. Winders suck donkey dick. I have one, too!
Which? A winder or a donkey dick...? Razz

Well, both, actually.

And both placed on top a a cabinet and used on occasion Very Happy
Horse Feathers
Horse Feathers

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-29, 16:29

Hey, welcome back, Horsemeister!! Long time, no see... What a Face

Horse Feathers wrote:
conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:
conjurer wrote:This is true. Winders suck donkey dick. I have one, too!
Which? A winder or a donkey dick...? Razz

Well, both, actually.

And both placed on top a a cabinet and used on occasion Very Happy
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-09-29, 16:59

wottime wrote:My biggest mistake was hearing, but not listening to Dad when he looked at the Invicta cordoba on my wrist and said "what are you going to do with that?"

That is quite droll. © AJC 2012
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-09-29, 17:26

AJC wrote:
wottime wrote:My biggest mistake was hearing, but not listening to Dad when he looked at the Invicta cordoba on my wrist and said "what are you going to do with that?"

That is quite droll. ©️ AJC 2012

Droll..... scratch Thanks, I think.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-29, 19:10

AJC wrote:That is quite droll. © AJC 2012

This made me laugh hard. © Conjurer, 2009.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2