WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20

3 posters

Go down

Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 Empty Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20

Post by mrneddles 2012-10-01, 19:16

I have caught a bit of watch nostalgia of late, thinking back to a simpler time, when I had ONE, yes just 1, watch. The first "real" watch I can remember exactly was a Seiko Alarm Chronograph that I bought with my own hard earned dollars. Basically it was one of several variants of Seiko's 7t32 quartz movement, produced up until 2000. I wore that watch faithfully every day, even slept in it. At some point I had a battery change performed at a mall kiosk where the watch was not properly resealed. I swam in it, it filled with water, and was done-sky.

I started scouring eBay using "Seiko Alarm Chronograph" as my search term. This brings up hundreds of very interesting watches, some in NOS condition. I settled on this number and a Seiko Windward coming in tomorrow.

The watch arrived in good working order, unsized, with plastic backing intact. It has a few little scuffs here and there, probably from bouncing around in a display case for 15 or so years. It has a brushed finish, with high polish gold plated accents. The dial is a dark blue/grey sunburst finish. The watch is a hair under 40mm not including the crown. The links use friction pins (no damn Seiko pin and collar nonsense). It fits my 7 inch wrist on the slightly loose side, and given the design of the bracelet, cannot be sized down without taking out too much length and turning my hand blue.

I like the way it presents on the wrist (who doesn't during the new watch honeymoon). A bit flashy, but the dimensions keep it check. That's about all I can say for now. Enjoy and thanks for looking.

Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4134
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4135
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4139
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4138
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4137
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4136
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4140
Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 IMG_4134-1
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20 Empty Re: Seiko Alarm Chronograph SDWF20

Post by eddiea 2012-10-02, 14:17

Nice Dave...those Seikos run forever, dressy yet I bet you can wear it everyday...
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-10-03, 08:02

Excellent post, DocNeedles; great write-up and pix. I think I've been a bit smitten with this'n, so the peepers are peeled UFN... I love you
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down