WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co.

2 posters

Go down

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co. Empty WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co.

Post by wottime 2012-10-12, 21:55

A brand that caught my attention for simplistic, functional design. British watchmaker. Won't be able to afford one anytime soon, but really like the design.

Info from schofieldwatchcompany.com:

Schofield Watch Company is the inspiration and creative vision of Giles Ellis, a watch designer based in rural Sussex, England. With a background in graphic and product design, Giles Ellis created Schofield Watch Company out of a desire to make a watch that he himself would like to wear, one built to his meticulous standards and attention to detail.

"My motivation isn’t driven by a desire to be fashionable. I am a man obsessed with detail and thoroughness. If I design something it has to be thoroughly thought through without gaps. I like to know every detail has been considered. With great design I engage with the fact that the people who make and design things of great beauty have invested their love, care and attention into every minute facet of it’s creation. It is this sense of refinement and thoroughness that inspires and motivates me."

At the outset Schofield Watch Company was not a commercial venture. The company evolved as the project grew in scale. Giles’s obsession with detail ensured that the design process encompassed not only the watch itself but every touch point of the business; logos, packaging, straps, websites, photography and an endless chorus of variables that go into the creation of something that is made with passion and vision. A refusal to compromise meant that a huge proportion of Giles’ time was spent finding the right suppliers. A finished watch would source parts from over 30 suppliers and the Signalman project would take over 4000 man hours to bring together. As a result it became prohibitive to make a single watch and the business expanded accordingly. Schofield Watch Company was born.

Schofield’s debut watches, The Signalman GMT PR and the Signalman DLC GMT PR, were finally launched at the 2011 Saatchi Gallery Salon QP exhibition to critical acclaim. The buzz and attention surrounding the brand, both on the internet and in print is creating a cult following within the watch industry and beyond.

In construction and design the Signalman is inspired by the great British lighthouses of the 18th and 19th Centuries. They, like the watch, stand as a testament to great British engineering, impeccable timing and precision. They also encompass an English quirkiness and individuality which sits well with the English-based company and Giles Ellis himself.

A man who lives and breathes design, Giles’ career path has been varied and challenging. Inspired by his fathers skill and craftsmanship with wood, Giles set up the ‘The Fifth Fret’, a company which restored high-end musical instruments from all over the world. To this day his home is adorned with a myriad of Victorian banjos, ukuleles and mandolins. Giles’ talents also extended into making and designing parts for performance mountain bikes, high-end hifi equipment and bespoke furniture. This creatively diverse history has helped inform and refine Giles natural understanding of design as well as develop his ability to make luxury objects to the highest level of style and quality.

Schofield Watch Company is an independent organisation, run by Giles Ellis. Every watch, strap and accessory made is assembled with great care and personal attention so that the highest standards can be achieved. The company prides itself on the subtle, understated and precise design behind it’s products. Designs that reflect British austerity and passion. These twin notions of austerity and creative passion, allied to Giles’ individualism, eccentricity and meticulous nature, are the cornerstones of Schofield Watch Company.

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co. Schofield-Signalman-GMT-PR-WRIST-WATCH-761x1024

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co. Bb71bbb0ed5911e1ae5f12313804f9a9_7

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co. 0f4895eeba2211e1a9f71231382044a1_7

Specs on this watch:

Limited edition to 300 pieces worldwide
Automatic Swiss Soprod 9335 movement
31 Jewels 28,800 bph (4hz)
Rhodium plated, pearlage decoration, blued screws
Power Reserve of 42 hours displayed at 12 o’clock
GMT display at 6 o’clock set via push button at 4:30 o’clock
Date at 3 o’clock
Water resistant to 500 metres
Anti-magnetic movement holder
Signalman case: 44mm diameter, ‘black polished’ stainless steel
Dial: on two levels, applied numerals, SuperLuminova C1
Sapphire crystal: domed, anti-reflective coating on the inside
Strap: special edition black shark-skin, green calf skin lined
Buckle: curved, polished stainless steel, engraved, screw in

£2958
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co. Empty Re: WBOTD 10/13/2012 Schofield Watch Co.

Post by eddiea 2012-10-13, 14:41

I like it too...nice!
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down