State of online watch sales

View previous topic View next topic Go down

State of online watch sales

Post by Ocean on 2012-10-22, 10:15

avatar
Ocean
Moderator

Posts : 806
Join date : 2012-04-01
Age : 105

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by eddiea on 2012-10-28, 08:41

Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.

_________________
This spring, I will do Everest without oxygen. I did all my peaks without oxygen except Everest. I just want to continue be happy, doing what I love—climbing mountains.
Edurne Pasaban Lizarribar
avatar
eddiea
Moderator

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 104
Location : Slightly north of..... Key Largo (GMT -4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by Mortuus on 2012-10-28, 15:37

eddiea wrote:Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.

Unfortunately, my beloved California - actually, her despicable, insatiable government - has been reaching out and touching so many vendors, even all the way across the country, demanding that Cali customers be charged our highest-in-the-country - sales tax. The very good vendors - unlike WoW - blow those C L clown W N S off and 'forget' to charge sales tax on behalf of a state clear across the country. Even so, our 'gray market' is getting smaller every year... No

_________________
avatar
Mortuus
Founder

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 97
Location : Rancho Santa Fe, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by eddiea on 2012-10-29, 19:45

Mortuus wrote:
eddiea wrote:Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.

Unfortunately, my beloved California - actually, her despicable, insatiable government - has been reaching out and touching so many vendors, even all the way across the country, demanding that Cali customers be charged our highest-in-the-country - sales tax. The very good vendors - unlike WoW - blow those C L clown W N S off and 'forget' to charge sales tax on behalf of a state clear across the country. Even so, our 'gray market' is getting smaller every year... No
Darn...didn't know States can reach across their borders for e-taxes Shocked , do know the Federal folks were trying....

_________________
This spring, I will do Everest without oxygen. I did all my peaks without oxygen except Everest. I just want to continue be happy, doing what I love—climbing mountains.
Edurne Pasaban Lizarribar
avatar
eddiea
Moderator

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 104
Location : Slightly north of..... Key Largo (GMT -4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by Mortuus on 2012-10-29, 20:52

eddiea wrote:Darn...didn't know States can reach across their borders for e-taxes , do know the Federal folks were trying....

In all honesty, I don't know how it works. Cali-based [brick & mortar] businesses that sell on feeBay have been charging state sales tax as a matter of course for quite some time, but I've begun to note that some of the larger, out-of-state 'bay sellers have begun to collect Cali taxes in addition to whatever other ones they've been collecting in the past. Interestingly, the majority of these vendors appear to be in Florida, making me wonder if there's some kind of reciprocal deal between the two states...or maybe I'm just a paranoic with too much time on my hands... What a Face

_________________
avatar
Mortuus
Founder

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 97
Location : Rancho Santa Fe, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by eddiea on 2012-10-29, 21:03

So far I have been lucky ...mostly Jomashop (NY)purchases and foreign (Japan/Hong Kong/Malaysia)

_________________
This spring, I will do Everest without oxygen. I did all my peaks without oxygen except Everest. I just want to continue be happy, doing what I love—climbing mountains.
Edurne Pasaban Lizarribar
avatar
eddiea
Moderator

Posts : 926
Join date : 2012-09-23
Age : 104
Location : Slightly north of..... Key Largo (GMT -4)

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by Mortuus on 2012-10-29, 21:27

That's probably where I need to be, too...I like Jomashop, and have dealt successfully with them in the past. My first Orient was an overseas purchase, as well...

_________________
avatar
Mortuus
Founder

Posts : 1590
Join date : 2012-04-10
Age : 97
Location : Rancho Santa Fe, CA

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: State of online watch sales

Post by Sponsored content


Sponsored content


Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top

- Similar topics

 
Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum