WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A Backslide into Geekery...? Pehaps, But...

3 posters

Go down

A Backslide into Geekery...?  Pehaps, But... Empty A Backslide into Geekery...? Pehaps, But...

Post by Mortuus 2012-11-17, 00:16

...I was watching Shop last night because I'd seen that Wing / Android had an upcoming TTV, and as a long-time fan of the brand, I tuned into the show, half expecting to see yet another Android tourby, maybe in purple ceramic or some such thing. Instead, I encountered the Android Men's Galactopus Digital Touch Screen Watch, a 'timepiece' (sorry Rolling Eyes ) that is something of a gadgeteer's toy you can wear on the wrist. It was just different enough that I plunked down the $189.12 to see if it really is the 'great advance [in horology]' they were claiming it to be. (That, and Shop will let me return it as late as 30 Jan 13... What a Face )

More info to follow...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

A Backslide into Geekery...?  Pehaps, But... Empty Re: A Backslide into Geekery...? Pehaps, But...

Post by conjurer 2012-11-17, 03:06

Jesus Christ! That thing looked like a brick!!
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

A Backslide into Geekery...?  Pehaps, But... Empty Re: A Backslide into Geekery...? Pehaps, But...

Post by eddiea 2012-11-17, 12:31

conjurer wrote:Jesus Christ! That thing looked like a brick!!
Yet, I think is cool, not in a wristwatch kind of way, but in a gadget kind of way...it is a mini-wrist computer after all , surprisingly versatile and the price was not bad either at $189.00....the CPU inside the watch, is rated at 5 seconds a year accuracy and that is thermocompensated quartz territory, for a fraction of the price.
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum