WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN

Go down

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN Empty This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-15, 23:53

I realize that I've probably been in these 'New Watch' threads a bit too much lately, and for that I should probably apologize to all of you...

The problem with that is that I just can't bring myself to feel at all bad.

And here's why:

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-01_zps351e2bef

Huh?  You want a closer look?

Okay, here you go:

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-11_zpsd65239d3

It's called the "CITIZEN Jet Auto dater 35-Jewel Men's Dress Watch."  A long name to be sure, but poetic nonetheless; certainly "one to conjure with," as they've been known to occasionally say over in "Old Blighty."  It was, as many of you have read before in my posts, an 'impulse buy.'  Which is why they have the "Buy it Now" and "Make an Offer" features so prominently placed on so many of eBay's watch auctions.  This particular 'impulse' was inspired by the "Make an Offer" side of the house.

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-07_zpsc08ed2f3

I won't bore you with how much it set me back, but I will offer a heartfelt piece of advice:  In making an offer under the aegis of "Make an Offer," do your best to be certain, on the outside chance that they actually accept your offer, that you actually have that amount in a state of relative liquidity.

Because, if you don't, you could find yourself tête à tête with a raging Mrs. Spitzer (or Mrs. Weiner) clone, demanding to know the exact amount you spent, and on what.

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-05_zps6221753b

And saying, "But, honey, I paid in cash!" won't make it any better.  Just ask Messrs. Spitzer and Weiner.

At any rate, and all bad political jokes aside, this vintage Auto Dater pegged all my impulse meters, and there was no way I could resist it.  

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-06_zps56ab53cb

Take a good look at the truly classic case back details above...

...and the utterly beautiful face below.

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-04_zps5ddfa98e

Seriously, how could any self-respecting would-be WIS turn his back on a beauty like that?  Still, as my mother was so quick to remind me, you should always look inside to make sure that what resides there is as beautiful as what's on the surface.

Sooo, here goes...

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-08_zpseeabbf31

What?  You want to see it closer?

Well, okay...

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-09_zps54f2e439

...it almost leaves me breathless, lo these many times I've looked at that wondrous 'ticker.'

***SIGH***

This Just In...YES, I'm Here AGAIN CitizenDressAD-03_zps5449fdd9

So there you have it; my reason for showing my face yet again in this show-us-your-new-baby thread...

...full review and still more pictures will follow soon.

In the meantime, as always, thanks for dropping by and having a look...

What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum