WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

renato on shop

5 posters

Go down

renato on shop Empty renato on shop

Post by fatman 2012-04-02, 10:08

Were they on last night/ early this morning.
My Dish guide was messed up and I could not stay up until midnight to see.
Or is it starting tonight?
fatman
fatman
Founder

Back to top Go down

renato on shop Empty Re: renato on shop

Post by bigedsurf 2012-04-02, 14:25

starts tonight at 10pm eastern..........
bigedsurf
bigedsurf
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-04-02, 15:35

Are you sure? If you look at ShopNBC there's some Renato models that show video footage with Avi presenting, and the prices are current, which would imply that the video was done very recently.

Back to top Go down

Post by bigedsurf 2012-04-02, 16:07

I'm just relating what my Direct TV guide says.......
bigedsurf
bigedsurf
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by fatman 2012-04-02, 22:26

It looks like very high prices on the auto movts.And the quartz.

WOW!!
fatman
fatman
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-04-03, 23:25

Same story, different year. I would be surprised if the brand actually survives the year!

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-04-14, 16:08

Mark2 wrote:Same story, different year. I would be surprised if the brand actually survives the year!

Sadly true, Mark; I recall not being able to afford anything they had for sale back when I first started watching Shop back in late 2008. It was only when Shop started offering them on their "auction" feature that I was finally able to afford one. Then the "top men" started an ever-increasing trend of almost desperate price cuts on existing Renato stock. Before you knew it, you could pick up a quartz Cyclops or even a Vulcan for right around $250 or so. Now it's back to pricing that only some can afford, and those people don't spend a whole lot of time buying much of anything on TV shopping channels. It's deja vu all over again...

Or maybe I'm just full of you-know-what... Suspect
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-04-14, 16:26

Mortuus wrote:
Mark2 wrote:Same story, different year. I would be surprised if the brand actually survives the year!

Sadly true, Mark; I recall not being able to afford anything they had for sale back when I first started watching Shop back in late 2008. It was only when Shop started offering them on their "auction" feature that I was finally able to afford one. Then the "top men" started an ever-increasing trend of almost desperate price cuts on existing Renato stock. Before you knew it, you could pick up a quartz Cyclops or even a Vulcan for right around $250 or so. Now it's back to pricing that only some can afford, and those people don't spend a whole lot of time buying much of anything on TV shopping channels. It's deja vu all over again...

Or maybe I'm just full of you-know-what... Suspect

Mark IMO I would hope you are right but I have a feeling we are both wrong. Mort what I think we are seeing is the end of the old stock. MZB is a the company that bought them, they also bought XO Skelton now XOsomething with prices in the 120-200 on shop. MZB I think will use that model of cheap watches with Avi presenting them. I also will say this not everyone is on watch forums or know where to buy them when they weren't on the air which might accout for the prices they set out with. This will be fun to watch in the coming months as it will us much to talk about. Shock and Awe as the saying goes either way it will give me a laugh or two.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles 2012-04-14, 20:42

I think it was Watch Noob who dismantled a WildeBeast. He found it to be a perfectly acceptable $200 watch. Anything above that, you are probably just paying for the design.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-04-16, 09:05

I watched the show last night.I don't think they will be on ShopNBC for long. Their prices are out of hand. I think they have overestimated the economic recovery. I have overpaid for many Renatos in the past, but $650 for a Mostro with a 5040D (the D stands for Daniel)? I bought the same watch with a 7750 for $750.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down