WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics)

2 posters

Go down

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Empty Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics)

Post by AJC 2012-12-31, 12:19

...it just needs a good case cleaning and the fine scratches polished out and maybe have the strap cleaned and conditioned. But for comfortably under $200 shipped I think it will be well worth it.

Before pics:
Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Img_2071

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Img_2072

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Img_2073

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Img_2074

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Img_2075

This is the first green dial I've owned since the Fossil I had in high school over 10 years ago. Normally I'd replace the strap on a well used watch but the Japanese made Somes strap is part of the package, they're very stiff when new but this one is broken in and VERY comfortable.

I'll post pics when the cleaning is complete.

Last edited by AJC on 2013-01-01, 14:49; edited 1 time in total
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Empty Re: Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics)

Post by eddiea 2012-12-31, 15:08

Nice catch...under $200? awesome!
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics) Empty Re: Orient Star Somes collaboration "before" pics (and "after" pics)

Post by Guest 2012-12-31, 15:28

Very nice. I'm just now starting to get into polishing (via dremel) some of my older vintage pieces to get them in better shape. I've found it's not as easy as it looks, but with practice, I think I'll be able to have my pieces looking new again.

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-12-31, 15:50

Case cleaned, polished and brushed. Strap is buffed with leather wipes and a clean cloth. Three little tiny nicks on the inside part of the bezel (@ :30, :33, :38) you can see them in the first pic, but it's not bad at all. All together - $225.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-12-31, 17:35

Holy frijoles! Nice work my man! Looks amazing!

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down