WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.

4 posters

Go down

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.   Empty The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.

Post by Ocean 2013-02-08, 21:07

Found this interesting maybe Andrew can check it out for us.

http://iwmagazine.com/2013/01/30/national-watch-and-clock-museum-features-military-timepieces/

Enlisting Time

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa. is currently featuring “Enlisting Time”, an exhibit exploring the relationship between armed service personnel, time and timekeeping.

Timekeeping on the battlefield has changed dramatically in the last 250 years. “Enlisting Time” presents the personal timepieces, mementos, and personal stories of service of those who have served their countries throughout these years. Museum visitors can see the technological development of these timepieces and the significance they had for the wearer.

While watches of well-known individuals, including the pocket watch of George Washington and the wristwatch of spy and author Ian Fleming are part of the exhibit, timepieces belonging to “everyday” veterans also are highlighted.

WWI Soldier Louis Zitzmann and his Watch

“We believe this Enlisting Time is a great chance to tell two important stories,” Museum Director Noel Poirier said. “One is the development of the timekeeping device as used by military personnel and the second are the stories of those service personnel themselves. By combining the two, and especially with the loans we’ve received from the community, the Museum presents a compelling exhibit on both fronts.”

“Enlisting Time” will be on display through Aug. 2013. Four hours and ticketing, visit nawcc.org.

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.   WWI-Soldier-Louis-Zitzmann-and-his-Watch
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.   Empty Re: The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.

Post by eddiea 2013-02-09, 14:16

Cool indeed , love to see some Civil War watches..
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.   Empty Re: The National Watch and Clock Museum in Columbia, Pa.

Post by Mortuus 2013-02-09, 20:41

I'd like to see some of those oversize Luftwaffe fighter pilot watches from WWII...had a chance to actually buy one from a jewelry shop in, of all places, Disneyland of California, but a creepy-looking mime (now that's redundancy) beat me to it... Evil or Very Mad
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2013-02-10, 10:26

I was planning on it as it so happens. I have to find out how long this exhibit will be there and if I can make it there by then I'll be sure to take some pics.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum