WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so...

5 posters

Go down

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Empty The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so...

Post by AlbertaTime 2013-02-08, 22:43

...A grail (at least for me)...

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Grail

...arrives at the not utterly Sino-centric AMCHPR...it's a 1977...

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Rolex_face_1

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Rolex_face_2

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Rolex_crown_1

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Rolex_side_1

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Rolex_wrist_1

...and my sincere thanks to Derek Dier of Watchestobuy (Canada) who listed the piece and provided this photo for his listing:

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... RolexDatejust1977b

I use that photo because I don't want to open the piece and because Derek (who has supplied, among others, the folks at TV's Mad Men with vintage watches) was a pure treat to deal with.
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

Back to top Go down

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Empty Re: The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so...

Post by Ocean 2013-02-09, 00:14

Looks great Ron! Enjoy your new Rollie.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so... Empty Re: The AMCHPR has room for watches from all sorts of countries, and so...

Post by AlbertaTime 2013-02-09, 12:48

Thanks...I'm enjoying it big-time :-)
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-02-09, 20:35

Well done, Ron! I really like that strap you have it on. I'm still saving up my bottle caps for my first Rolex, which I hope will be a Sea Dweller, as it's my favorite design...I figure I'll have enough saved up from my paper route and bottle cap collecting to get it in about another 36 & 1/2 years... Shocked
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime 2013-02-09, 20:59

Thanks, Mortuus.

I still kinda have my eye set on a vintage two-tone Turn-o-graph if I ever see one within reach that has a spotless bezel. Maybe someday.
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

Back to top Go down

Post by SynMike 2013-02-10, 03:49

Congratulations, Ron. That is fantastic! It appears to be in beautiful condition. What a great addition to your huge collection.

SynMike

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime 2013-02-10, 10:15

SynMike wrote:Congratulations, Ron. That is fantastic! It appears to be in beautiful condition. What a great addition to your huge collection.

Thanks, Mike. I'm grateful to be able to own it, and very grateful for the kind words from you and everyone.
AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2013-02-10, 19:43

Any one's "grail"...a beauty, congrats.
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by AlbertaTime 2013-02-10, 21:16

eddiea wrote:Any one's "grail"...a beauty, congrats.

Thanks, Eddie. I'm sure to many folks it's just an old watch, but I certainly don't take my good fortune for granted.

AlbertaTime
AlbertaTime

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2013-02-10, 21:37

AlbertaTime wrote:
eddiea wrote:Any one's "grail"...a beauty, congrats.

Thanks, Eddie. I'm sure to many folks it's just an old watch, but I certainly don't take my good fortune for granted.

For one it isn't just an old watch it's a beautiful vintage Rolex that should be cherished. I am by no means a watchmaker but am starting to really like great old movements and their inner workings.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down