WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Stock Watches

+2
Mortuus
DBCooper
6 posters

Go down

Stock Watches Empty Stock Watches

Post by DBCooper 2013-08-20, 18:14

My 10 year old grandson might let me PRY that Seiko 5 off his wrist if I get him one of these. And if he doesn't like it I can wear it :-)

http://wornandwound.com/2013/08/19/stock-watches-hands-on/

Stock Watches STOCK_S001_GROUP2
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Stock Watches Empty Re: Stock Watches

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-23, 23:20

It reminds me a bit of a Stowa, with its minimalist dial and thin case.  I really like these, and I'm seriously, seriously thinking of getting me the one with the cream dial and brown strap. Good post, Sam...one question, though:  what's an 'ochre?'  confused
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2013-08-26, 22:41

Agree with Mort. Cream and brown is sharp. Just wish they were a bit bigger, 40mm would be nice and auto version would be sweet. Cool watch and great concept though. Simplicity in design, similar to MIH.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-26, 23:41

Hey, Wotts!!  Good to see you back with us!  Hope all was well with you during your hiatus...What a Face 

wottime wrote:Agree with Mort. Cream and brown is sharp. Just wish they were a bit bigger, 40mm would be nice and auto version would be sweet.  Cool watch and great concept though. Simplicity in design, similar to MIH.
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Hater 2013-08-29, 15:43

The cream one is great looking, the size though
Hater
Hater
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-29, 21:52

If only it was an automatic...I guess I've become quite the quartz bigot. Suspect 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by SemperEadem2 2013-08-30, 01:18

Mortuus wrote:If only it was an automatic...I guess I've become quite the quartz bigot.  Suspect 
Yeah, I get you there. I'll admit that quartz wins the accuracy game. But for good old fashioned panache, I want a 25 jewel automatic mechanical movement.
SemperEadem2
SemperEadem2

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-30, 01:39

SemperEadem2 wrote:But for good old fashioned panache, I want a 25 jewel automatic mechanical movement.
Very well said...panache is such a cool word, but its use is, unfortunately, very rare these days.
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2013-08-30, 10:16

It depends. I love this quartz in my collection.

Stock Watches GmpBWbO
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-08-30, 14:38

I do, too, Andrew,  but the vast majority of my current acquisitions are automatic/mechanical, and any quartz watch I might buy has to be something I can't live without, like my beloved Movado 'Museum' watches... However, I get really flummoxed when I see a quartz watch costing $15,000 USD.  Maybe I'm wrong, but it seems to me that quartz is quartz, irrespective of brand.  I mean, heck, is one company's quartz more accurate than another?  Is "Swiss rubber" better than Chinese rubber?  I dunno, but Avi What's-Her-Name seems to think so... What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2013-09-01, 22:11

Mortuus wrote:Hey, Wotts!!  Good to see you back with us!  Hope all was well with you during your hiatus...What a Face 

wottime wrote:Agree with Mort. Cream and brown is sharp. Just wish they were a bit bigger, 40mm would be nice and auto version would be sweet.  Cool watch and great concept though. Simplicity in design, similar to MIH.
Thanks Mort. Been pretty hectic this year. New job beginning of the year and rearranging my department has limited my time, should be easing up a little. All has been well though. Still love the watch brand threads.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by SemperEadem2 2013-09-03, 13:06

AJC wrote:It depends. I love this quartz in my collection.

[Picture deleted from repost - SemperEadem2]
Oh yeah...that is gorgeous. Looks like an homage to the Oysterquartz.

About the anti-quartz bias: I used to share that bias (and still do, a little) but doing research on well-done quartz movements is changing my mind, little by little. Although quartz still leaves me cold, I'll admit that good quartzes do have a legit place in horology.
SemperEadem2
SemperEadem2

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum