WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Date wheels and subdials

5 posters

Go down

Date wheels and subdials Empty Date wheels and subdials

Post by DBCooper 2014-01-17, 08:56

I suppose I'm getting picky.

A white date wheel and a black dial now disgusts me!  This poses a problem because I have to look at these frequently.

Date wheels and subdials 13on_t10
Date wheels and subdials C5_mal10
Date wheels and subdials Zeno_b11

A subdial that eats a numeral now disgusts me!  A date window that eats a numeral would also fall into this category for me.  This poses a problem because I have to look at this one frequently.   When I say "eats" I mean leaving a partial number. Why not just eliminate the number? Eating an hour marker? Not so bad.

Date wheels and subdials Hamilt11

Perhaps the word "disgusts" is a bit harsh.  I still like to wear the watches.  But in all seriousness I doubt I will buy another watch that falls into these 2 categories.  What say you?

Last edited by DBCooper on 2014-01-17, 09:37; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Clarification of subdial eating :-))
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Date wheels and subdials Empty Re: Date wheels and subdials

Post by Ocean 2014-01-17, 09:25

Sam if you don't want the Max Bill, I can hold it for safe keeping.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2014-01-17, 09:40

I have a no date, no subdial Max Bill scratch  Try again  Evil or Very Mad
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-18, 10:59

I'll go ahead and take one for the team, DB, -- heck, I'll even take two!  The Zeno and the Junkers...I'll take them far-far away to quell that terrible disgust...I'm here for you, Sam...and should you find yourself being disgusted with any of your other watches, just gimme a buzz and I'll right there for you again...

Shocked 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2014-01-18, 11:46

Picky, nah. Your discernment for form, function, and design is apparent in any of your watches and is what separates your collection from others. I too like 3 hand watches and not a fan of chronos and have often wondered the same, why hack up a number, just take it out. The date wheels on the Zeno and CW aren't too bad, but a black date wheel with white numbers would blend the date into the dial and not stick out like the white dial. But then again, I would love to have any four of those in my collection.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2014-01-18, 18:36

Thanks for the reply wot.  This is kind of feedback I was looking for.  I posted this same thread here and on another forum, and your reply is the 1st that really gives a good explanation of how you feel about it.  I agree with you on the chronos.  Don't care for them. Like I said I still like to wear these watches but the more I do, the more those white date wheels GLARE at me.  Very Happy
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2014-01-18, 20:24

Sam, the date wheels wouldn't bother me as bad as the Hamilton. The dial is busier than I would prefer. To me a dial has to have a flow. Most of the time I like a simple three hander,small seconds are ok. Chrono's have to be done tastefully for me to even think about them. Out of the black dials I have only my Raymond Weil has a white date wheels but also has white hour markers which works really well together.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2014-01-18, 21:17

Ocean wrote:Out of the black dials I have only my Raymond Weil has a white date wheels but also has white hour markers which works really well together.

I hadn't noticed but looking back at the Junkers and Zeno (white markers) it doesn't stand out as bad.

Good Call!

But that damn CW looks like it's got a spotlight shooting out of it at 3.   Laughing
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-19, 03:15

I'm still here for you, DeeBs...  What a Face 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregl515 2014-01-21, 19:58

You have way more discipline than I do in puttnng together a collection. That is why you have watches that flow logically one from the next. You are picky, but that is partially why you have such an interesting collection.

gregl515

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down