WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Glycine

+2
Ocean
svoglic
6 posters

Go down

Glycine Empty Glycine

Post by svoglic 2014-01-24, 23:11

I picked this up in Dec.  
Glycine DSC01434

Glycine DSC01442

It's an ETA 7750, 25 Jewels, Swiss Made Glycine Ningaloo Reef.  
A stainless steel case that is 40mm, a great look on the wrist.  There are no rough edges on this, it is smooth all the way around.  
The thickness is 15mm, I thought it might be a little thick at first but it goes well under long sleeves and isn't a bad height at all.  Then again, I am used to wearing thick divers, so I guess 15mm was a nice change.  
The 101 gram weight is very light, I hardly notice it being on until the, stiff, leather band begins to irritate my wrist.
Sapphire crystal is nice, the watch reads well from various angles.  
Water resistance is 330 feet, but I seriously doubt I will be taking this swimming.  Nice to know that it can take a rain though.  
The blue dial is a very nice blue, it is a nice subtle blue, but at angles it shimmers.  It is an easy to read watch, not a cluttered look, in my opinion.  
It seems to keep good time, it's hard to tell if it's spot on because of a lack of a regular seconds hand, but it seems to keep pace with my IPhone time.  
The hands are easy to read, I like the size.  The chronograph buttons are firm, so there shouldn't be a problem with and accidental push.  
The leather band is going to have to be replaced, it is not comfortable. I thought once it was broken in it would work out, but it is still stiff and difficult to tolerate.  I don't like the tang buckle, I am going to have to get a deployant clasp when I get a new leather band.  I am thinking of a nice leather band from Diaboliq, I'd like to get a mesh bracelet for it too.  

I think it is a keeper, I got it on WOW for like $430.00 after a couple of codes.  I thought it was an insane price so I got it.

svoglic

Back to top Go down

Glycine Empty Re: Glycine

Post by Ocean 2014-01-25, 08:13

Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2014-01-25, 19:31

Helluva price. Great watch.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2014-01-25, 20:08

Sweet watch. And congratulations on a great deal!
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-26, 05:54

Great job, Svogy! Patience always pays off when it comes to finding the good ones at an equally good price. Congrats!
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by svoglic 2014-01-26, 10:40

Thanks guys. For that price I figured I could do a trade or pass on the deal to someone else if it didn't work out. I had several brands on my radar and this fell into my lap. I wasn't looking at this model of Glycine, but I'm happy I stumbled onto it.

svoglic

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2014-01-26, 18:18

I forgot to ask earlier, but does the 12 o'clock sub-dial act as the seconds hand when the chrono feature isn't being used?   Question
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by gregl515 2014-01-26, 18:36

I love it! I have an Incursore and Glycine makes a fine watch.

gregl515

Back to top Go down

Post by svoglic 2014-01-26, 18:56

Mortuus wrote:I forgot to ask earlier, but does the 12 o'clock sub-dial act as the seconds hand when the chrono feature isn't being used?   Question
Nope. That's why it's accuracy is hard to determine. I only have a seconds hand for use of the chronograph.

svoglic

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum