WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG

2 posters

Go down

Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG Empty Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG

Post by Mortuus 2014-04-06, 00:06

Posted without prejudice or comment...

http://watchgeeks.net/showthread.php?t=261365

...okay, one comment -- or, rather, a question:  Is Invicta imploding, even as they edge out just about every other brand from SHQP's line-up of watches?

Inquiring minds probably don't care, but one still wonders... What a Face

OBTW, because posts tend to vanish into thin air over at WG, I've taken the liberty of pasting the text of Mongo's 'farewell to the troops' message below.

meijin
Managing Director/Admin
True WatchGeek

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I will no longer be representing Invicta...

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Just a few moments ago, I posted the following message on my Facebook page and wanted to also share it here for those that are interested.

-----------------------------------------

There comes a time in everyone's professional career that you have to ask yourself some questions. Questions like...

Is there a future for me in what I am doing?
Am I being compensated at a level that matches the results I produce?
Am I respected (personally and professionally) by the people that I work for (or with)?
Do I really enjoy what I do for a living?

When the answer to all, most or some of these questions is "NO", then it is time to make a decision as to whether or not you continue with what you are doing.

It is at this point that I inform you all that after asking myself these questions and contemplating the answers, I have just officially submitted my resignation to the Invicta Watch Group effective immediately. As you read this, I am in the process of relocating myself to another part of the country (an area that I prefer to live in, not one that I was "forced" to) and will be, effectively, "hitting the reset button" on my life. Life is just too damn short to spend it doing something that no longer makes you happy and that there is no future with. Especially with some of the circumstances that I have had to endure over the last few years.

I wanted to take this opportunity to thank all of you that have supported me over the last 5 years. It has been great getting to know alot of you and some of you have become close personal friends of mine and people that I talk to on a daily or near daily basis. I have learned from you all and am humbled by the support that you have shown me. For that, I will be eternally grateful. For the hosts that I worked with on a regular basis (Kendy, Allison, Tim and Daniel...in no particular order), I appreciate you listening to me when I needed to ***** and the support that you showed me when I needed it the most. You all helped me to get better at my craft and supported me in ways that I cannot even begin to describe. Without your support and sage advice, I would not have lasted as long as I have. To simply say "thank you" seems completely insufficient. And good ole Diamond Jim...thank you for getting me into this whole crazy job. It may not have went the way I wanted and it may not have ended in the best possible circumstances. But damn! It was one hell of a ride. Thanks my friend!

For those of you wondering what is next for me, the honest answer is that I have no idea. I am sure that there is going to be some "black helicopter" conspiracy theories that pop up (alot of you know how the "fishy crew" can be). I would ask all of you not to participate in helping to spread such activity. I am not going to work for another watch brand. I am not going to work for another network. I do have some personal projects that I want to work on and see what they can bring me and I will be speaking more on that soon. It is not my intention to try and trash any individuals or brands, so please let's not go there.

I'll still be posting alot about watches and watch brands. However, if you are here on my page strictly for Invicta information, then now would be the time to unsubscribe yourself. Obviously, no hard feelings if that is the case. For those that wish to follow along as I move forward into this new chapter of my life, you are more then welcome to "ride along".

Again, I thank you all for the support you have shown me over the years. It is appreciated more than you know.

*** A note to WatchGeek members: I think it is pretty well a given that I won't be continuing on as the person running this site. I am proud of the impressive 6 year run we have had with this site. I hope that you all continue to make this the best site on the interwebs for watches. I'd like to give a special thanks to the team of moderators here who have worked for thousands of hours on this site and have received nothing in return for that work. Whether they continue on in their current roles as mods or not, they deserve not only my thanks, but that of every member here for their hard work and dedication.

Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG Empty Re: Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG

Post by wottime 2014-04-18, 23:03

Sounds like the gravy train has ended. He will do fine selling used cars, running a dungeon and dragons club, or something. He always kind of reminded of Biff from the Back to the Future movies. Oh well. Good riddance.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG Empty Re: Michael "Mongo" Davis Out as Invicta Tech Brand Manager and TV Face of IWG

Post by Mortuus 2014-04-19, 06:24

wottime wrote:Sounds like the gravy train has ended. He will do fine selling used cars, running a dungeon and dragons club, or something. He always kind of reminded of Biff from the Back to the Future movies. Oh well. Good riddance.
Now that is a spot-on observation, wotts!  Laughing 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down