WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolex Boutique in NYC

3 posters

Go down

Rolex Boutique in NYC Empty Rolex Boutique in NYC

Post by mrneddles 2012-06-08, 10:38

Here is an article courtesy of Hodinkee.

From personal experience, the new boutique is very nice. I visited in April. The place was compeletly packed out with people actually buying watches, not kicking tires. Some guy had just bought a "Hulk" Submariner and was enjoying a glass of champagne with is wife and the sales staff.

I got my Sub regulated for free by the extremely nice on site watchmaker while having lunch a few blocks away. Major props!

http://www.hodinkee.com/blog/2012/6/8/photo-report-inside-the-new-rolex-boutique-on-fifth-avenue-i.html
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Rolex Boutique in NYC Empty Re: Rolex Boutique in NYC

Post by temerityb 2012-06-10, 01:26

Great reading there.

In a slightly off-topic observation, the Tourneau shop in Roosevelt Field Mall in Long Island (nation's seventh biggest mall in terms of sales) closed its cheaper brand "Watch Gear" annex and replaced it with a Rolex storefront that's quite similar (though smaller) than what's shown here. Amazingly, like you said, people are actually buying and not just browsing in that store. Huge selection of new Rolex, prices are list only apparently, but I'd be hard-pressed not to get one there if in the market for one - they have virtually every model.
temerityb
temerityb

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-09-27, 13:51

I have personally visited the 5th avenue store while in NYC for business. Very nice place!

On a side note, the recent new models for Rolex IMO are fantastic. Great updates to classic designs. I have the new Sub-C (black dial/bezel) and it wears bigger than its 40mm diameter and the maxi case with the thicker lugs as well as crown guards really make the watch.

If you get the chance and are in NYC, check out the Omega boutique too. It is right down the road from tourneau/trump tower and is really nice.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles 2012-09-27, 14:02

andrema wrote:
On a side note, the recent new models for Rolex IMO are fantastic.

I tried on this Yachtmaster 2 last weekend. It was gigantic, and an eye-poppin $27,000!
Rolex Boutique in NYC Rolex-yacht-master-2

I did like the No Date Sub with ceramic. That was sharp.
mrneddles
mrneddles

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-09-27, 14:10

mrneddles wrote:
andrema wrote:
On a side note, the recent new models for Rolex IMO are fantastic.

I tried on this Yachtmaster 2 last weekend. It was gigantic, and an eye-poppin $27,000!
Rolex Boutique in NYC Rolex-yacht-master-2

I did like the No Date Sub with ceramic. That was sharp.
I haven't got my hands on the No Date Sub-C yet...did it remind you of an updated Seadweller (old style)? It would be a little taller if it had the SD WR, but would give you the same feel as the old school SD design. I miss the SD design...the DSSD is too big for my taste.

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles 2012-09-27, 14:22

I have never handled the old style SeaDweller so really can't answer. I did try the no date and the new Deep SeaDweller back to back, and would take the no date every date of the week. The DeepSea also too big for me.
mrneddles
mrneddles

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-09-27, 14:57

It looks like a nice place to spend a day...
I had 4 new Rolex watches over the years and somehow, I never had the pleasure to buy one in a BM AD...
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down