WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde

3 posters

Go down

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Empty Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde

Post by DBCooper 2012-04-02, 11:53

The only Renato I have ever had and is one of a handful of watches I purchased from SNBC during my shortlived WG days. My tastes have changed somewhat but I still do wear it occasionally.

Nice packaging.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Packag11

The case is high polished @ 46mm and it has a sapphire crystal. 300 meters water resistant. I like the brushed bezel with polished screws. Looks good.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Wildeb11

It has a Ronda 7003N quartz movement with big date and retrograde day of the week. The dial is black MOP. The silver index markers are beveled at the point and look pretty spiffy. The red RC logo on the second hand is a nice touch. How about the diamond encrusted 8! Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Nose-p10

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Dial11

Polished RC logo on a screw down matte case back.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Caseba10

Signed crown.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Crown11

The bracelet is signed and solid using screws instead of pins at the lugs and links. The clasp is signed and highly decorated from end to end.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Signat11
Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Case10
Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Clasp10

Lume shot.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Wed11t12

Did I mention MOP Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Nose-p10 I doubt I will ever buy another MOP dialed watch but for MOP I suppose this is a good one.

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Wed11t13

I will finish this by saying I am not a Renato fanboi. These are just my observations of this particular watch. I purchased it from SNBC in June of 2010 for about 300 bucks. The build quality seems very good to me and it has a nice appearance. I like it. If it weren't so big I would wear it more often. It is what it is.

DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde Empty Re: Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde

Post by mrneddles 2012-04-02, 13:15

I like this movement. Accutron has used it. Renato put it in a Vulcan case, but made it ridiculously tall.
Wildebeast Quartz Retrograde 65c102
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-04-17, 15:47

Great shots, DB. I have to say that I prefer Renato's carbon fiber dials; they're sharp, well-built and the colors always line up well with their sunray surroundings / frames.

I do like the three MOP-dial Renatos I own; two of them have a 'rising sun' design cut into them, and this serves to really enhance the beauty of the dial presentation.

To be perfectly candid, though, IWG/SWI have made me a bit leery about MOP dials, subdials, etc, but sometimes it really can 'make' the watch if (and I mean if) it's done right, i.e., not a 'MOP sticker.' Shocked
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-04-19, 12:46

I really like the 7003 series movements even though some people have reported problems. I like being able to read the date and day of the week easily.

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down