WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

WBOTD 07/28/2012 March-La.B

3 posters

Go down

WBOTD 07/28/2012  March-La.B Empty WBOTD 07/28/2012 March-La.B

Post by wottime 2012-07-28, 22:16

Ran across this brand while surfing around. Never heard of them before, but they boasted mostly Rhondo and ETA movements. Styling has a vintage feel to them. Prices range from $400 to $2000.
Thought they might be worthy of WBOTD, or at least get some feed back on them.

Info from the website:
"March LA.B is a Swiss-made luxury timepiece brand with headquarters in Los Angeles, California and Biarritz, France. Striking a balance between modern L.A. style and French heritage detailing, the brand’s designs embody opposite yet complimentary aesthetics and create a new transversal time zone. Rooted in vintage inspiration, these timepieces are refined in their simplicity and assert the philosophy that less is more.

March LA.B is a tribute to the timeless elegance of vintage watches. Our self-imposed creative requirement is to design timeless styles that will transmit to future generations, following the example set by the most exceptional watches of the past decades. The Mage–Marhic tandem focuses on that aesthetic concept to reveal outstanding timepieces, which are minimal, elegant and lower-profile with balanced proportions complimentary with the style of today’s urban dandy.

March LA.B offers 3 collections. 3 distinct directions symbolizing the temperaments and styles of its 3 founders:

The AM series is the purest collection. A classic and timeless watch at ease in every situation.

The JC series is the most classic collection. A subtle inspiration for a more elegant proposition.

The JM series is the most exclusive collection. A unique vision for the true dandies.

Finally, March LA.B introduces a timepiece, as anecdotal as it is timeless; the “1805”, a truly inspired “Napoleonic” pocket watch. An homage to the unmistakable style of the First French Empire."

http://www.march-lab.com/homme-collection/

WBOTD 07/28/2012  March-La.B Homme-13

WBOTD 07/28/2012  March-La.B Homme-14

WBOTD 07/28/2012  March-La.B Homme-15
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

WBOTD 07/28/2012  March-La.B Empty Re: WBOTD 07/28/2012 March-La.B

Post by mrneddles 2012-07-28, 22:37

I am considering getting one. They get zero exposure except for abogtoread, which has reviewed a couple. The price has kept me away, and there is zero secondary market for the brand.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-07-28, 22:49

mrneddles wrote:I am considering getting one. They get zero exposure except for abogtoread, which has reviewed a couple. The price has kept me away, and there is zero secondary market for the brand.

Mrneddles is right they do get zero exposure. I have come close on this brand a few times as making it one of the WBOTD, what has stopped me was the price. Even at half price for the AM1 448.00 seems high with a Ronda 517, 3 hand quartz movement. I gut tells me they might be alright, but at the same time I can think of of few watches that are way ahead of it.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down