WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono

+3
Ocean
wottime
aztecknight
7 posters

Go down

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Empty Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono

Post by aztecknight 2012-10-13, 00:01

My ML Masterchrono. Part of Maurice Lacroix's Masterpiece collection. I've owned this watch for a while now. Has been a favorite and in my opinion, one of the best made watches I have ever owned.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Ml3y

Technical Features
Movement: Calibre ML67 (modified and hand decorated base 7750)
Power Reserve: 45 hour power reserve
Number of Jewels: 26 jewels, blued screws
Dial: Solid silver
Crystal:Sapphire front and back
Water Resistance: 100m
Bracelet: signed, dual deployant
Finish: Painstakingly hand-finished and customized in accordance with the collection design
Crown: signed, unique locking crown locks down in a 1/4 turn guaranteeing emblem always aligned
Case diameter: 43mm

So what makes this watch special?

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew

This is what the Maurice Lacroix documentation specifies as criteria for a Masterpiece Collection watch.

Criteria For a Masterpiece Watch
  1. Exclusive Manufacture movements or complications, developed especially for the Masterpiece Collection.
  2. Modified and hand-decorated movements with components of the highest quality.
  3. Precision tested in 5 positions (fully wound and after 24 hours operation).
  4. Skeleton rotors on automatic movements.
  5. Precious solid silver dials.
  6. High-quality folding clasps on straps and bracelets.
  7. Screwed caseback with sapphire crystal.

The watch is sporty and elegant. The dial is something to look at. The silver sandwich dial looks better in person than any pictures. It has a unique sub-dial that shows the seconds through an opening in a disk. The writing is crisp and clean and makes the watch very legible.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Ml2t
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono 23945238

The crown as mentioned above has a unique lock system that allows the signed crown always to align perfectly. The bracelet is fantastic and has a very solid clasp.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew13
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew

The movement is beautifully decorated with cotes de geneve, pearlage, and blued screws. Nice to look at and made easier by a skeletonized rotor.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew3
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew4

It's a pleasure to wear at 43mm. Feels solid without being too heavy.
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Ml4ph
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew10
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew8
Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew9

One of my favorite parts of this watch is the crystal, domed and absolutely no distortions at any angle.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew11

Pros: Fit, finish, design. The bracelet, clasp, and crown stand out. Very accurate movement, likely due to the adjustment in 5 positions. As far as ML goes, they are now a true manufacture.
Cons: Doesn't have a big US presence, resale values, name recognition.

So in summary, it is a fantastic watch. I recently tried selling it, but it was slow moving. I lowered the price, but eventually pulled it. I bought this watch for a steal and would have done okay when selling it, but I came to my senses and realized that I wouldn't be able to find a watch of this quality for the price I was asking for it. It's back in my rotation and getting some love. Thanks for looking.

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Ml3y

aztecknight

Back to top Go down

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Empty Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono

Post by wottime 2012-10-13, 10:25

That is a work of art. Handsome from any angle. Great review. Great pics. Talk about a deer in the headlights, I could stare at that watch for quite a while. Beautiful.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Empty Re: Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono

Post by Ocean 2012-10-13, 15:49

Isn't this the one you have for sale?
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-10-13, 15:59

It's a beauty. I wouldn't sell it either.
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-10-13, 16:06

DBCooper wrote:It's a beauty. I wouldn't sell it either.
Ditto, that's a keeper....
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by AJC 2012-10-13, 19:35

Maurice Lacroix Masterpiece Masterchrono Mlnew13

I just wanna slide that baby on my wrist and slowly push those pushers. Yeah baby.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Post by aztecknight 2012-10-14, 02:07

Ocean wrote:Isn't this the one you have for sale?

I've pulled it. One of the cons is the lack of brand recognition. It doesn't help resale values. I just got to a point where I didn't think I could replace a watch of this quality for the price I was asking. So back on the wrist.

aztecknight

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-10-14, 04:46

You'll thank yourself a million times a day for returning it to your rotation...and whomever looked at it but didn't 'pull the trigger' will kick themselves in the keestoi' over and over and over...thanks for a very nice post, AzK! What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down