WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

State of online watch sales

3 posters

Go down

State of online watch sales  Empty State of online watch sales

Post by Ocean 2012-10-22, 10:15

Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

State of online watch sales  Empty Re: State of online watch sales

Post by eddiea 2012-10-28, 08:41

Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-10-28, 15:37

eddiea wrote:Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.

Unfortunately, my beloved California - actually, her despicable, insatiable government - has been reaching out and touching so many vendors, even all the way across the country, demanding that Cali customers be charged our highest-in-the-country - sales tax. The very good vendors - unlike WoW - blow those C L clown W N S off and 'forget' to charge sales tax on behalf of a state clear across the country. Even so, our 'gray market' is getting smaller every year... No
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-10-29, 19:45

Mortuus wrote:
eddiea wrote:Yup...must of my mid-priced watches are online purchases ...no taxes, better overall prices on the gray market.

Unfortunately, my beloved California - actually, her despicable, insatiable government - has been reaching out and touching so many vendors, even all the way across the country, demanding that Cali customers be charged our highest-in-the-country - sales tax. The very good vendors - unlike WoW - blow those C L clown W N S off and 'forget' to charge sales tax on behalf of a state clear across the country. Even so, our 'gray market' is getting smaller every year... No
Darn...didn't know States can reach across their borders for e-taxes Shocked , do know the Federal folks were trying....
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-10-29, 20:52

eddiea wrote:Darn...didn't know States can reach across their borders for e-taxes , do know the Federal folks were trying....

In all honesty, I don't know how it works. Cali-based [brick & mortar] businesses that sell on feeBay have been charging state sales tax as a matter of course for quite some time, but I've begun to note that some of the larger, out-of-state 'bay sellers have begun to collect Cali taxes in addition to whatever other ones they've been collecting in the past. Interestingly, the majority of these vendors appear to be in Florida, making me wonder if there's some kind of reciprocal deal between the two states...or maybe I'm just a paranoic with too much time on my hands... What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-10-29, 21:03

So far I have been lucky ...mostly Jomashop (NY)purchases and foreign (Japan/Hong Kong/Malaysia)
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-10-29, 21:27

That's probably where I need to be, too...I like Jomashop, and have dealt successfully with them in the past. My first Orient was an overseas purchase, as well...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down