WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oris Aquis Depth Gauge

5 posters

Go down

Oris Aquis Depth Gauge Empty Oris Aquis Depth Gauge

Post by mrneddles 2013-02-28, 12:01

Via Monochrome:

"In their press release Oris states they have produced the first divers watch which measures depth by allowing water to enter the timepiece. Actually the first watch that allowed water to come into the case, in order to measure diving depths, was the IWC Deep One. Of course the water ran into a tube and didn’t stream between the gears and pinions. Oris’s construction is different, more simple, but very effective.

Oris’ engineers have applied the Boyle Mariotte Law to the patented Oris Aquis Depth Gauge. The special sapphire crystal is 50% thicker than an average top glass and features a channel milled into the side. This channel runs anti-clockwise round the dial, stopping between one and two o’clock. At 12 o’clock, a inlet leads to this channel. The join between the crystal and the case is sealed by a rubber gasket.

On descent, the air inside the channel is compressed by the surrounding water pressure, allowing water to enter through the inlet at 12 o’clock. The transition between light grey and dark grey, marks the depth. It differentiates between water and compressed air on the scale around the outside of the dial, indicating depth while descending or ascending.

This means it will only indicate the actual dive depth and does not have a hand to indicate the deepest depth reached during a dive. On the other hand, this indicator benefits from no inertia, not delaying the accurate and actual depth indication, which is particularly useful in decompression breaks in lesser depths!"

•Ref. No. 733 7675 4154 Set, Ø 46.00mm
•Automatic Oris movement 733 with date window at 6 o’clock
•Stainless steel case, water-resistant to 50 bar/500 metres
•Unidirectional revolving top ring with black ceramic inlay and minute scale
•Sapphire crystal, domed and antireflection coated on both sides, features a milled channel for depth gauging and a yellow metre scale
•Rubber strap and metal bracelet as alternative
•Set includes waterproof case, separate metal bracelet and tools
•Retail Price CHF 3,500 or € 2.600

Oris Aquis Depth Gauge Oris-Aquis-Depth-Gauge-front-shot-2_zps381d9098
Oris Aquis Depth Gauge Oris-Aquis-Depth-Gauge-front-shot-1_zps1b704700
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Oris Aquis Depth Gauge Empty Re: Oris Aquis Depth Gauge

Post by kahuna74 2013-03-01, 15:10

I think I like this one, thanks for the info mrneddles.
kahuna74
kahuna74

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2013-03-01, 15:46

I'm so not impressed by Oris in general....
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by 3flushes 2013-03-01, 17:32

Like the watch- Signed, proprietary strap a deal killer for me- Sick of everything looking like a A&F freakin' overpriced T-Shirt.
3flushes
3flushes

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2013-03-02, 02:42

3flushes wrote:Like the watch- Signed, proprietary strap a deal killer for me- Sick of everything looking like a A&F freakin' overpriced T-Shirt.
Concur 100%...Well said. What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by 3flushes 2013-03-02, 23:36

Mortuus wrote:
3flushes wrote:Like the watch- Signed, proprietary strap a deal killer for me- Sick of everything looking like a A&F freakin' overpriced T-Shirt.
Concur 100%...Well said. What a Face

Thanks Mort, sometimes I feel like the Lone Ranger about this issue. A well executed creation speaks for itself. (Unless of course you want to PAY ME to wear it and be your freakin' billboard.)
3flushes
3flushes

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down