WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical

5 posters

Go down

Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical Empty Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-08, 09:45

What's the deal with the bezel markings on this thing. I have been wanting to post this question for awhile now. Why is the 45 @ 3 and the 15 @ 9. Is it a flaw or what? I don't recall seeing this on any other watches. Since I posted this on WURW today I thought now would be a good time to ask.

Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical Ambass10
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical Empty Re: Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical

Post by mrneddles 2012-05-08, 11:13

Very strange. I can offer no useful insight.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical Empty Re: Bezel markings on VSA Ambassador Mechanical

Post by Ocean 2012-05-08, 13:06

I haven't seen that before, been looking haven't seen anything about it.
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Guest 2012-05-08, 16:12

only thing i can think is a defect/flaw. seen stuff like this before. maybe ask victorinox about it?

Back to top Go down

Post by bigedsurf 2012-05-09, 06:29

dyslexic CNC operator..............
bigedsurf
bigedsurf
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-05-09, 08:24

Does the bezel turn clockwise...? That's about the only thing I can come up with; sorry about that, DB...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-09, 09:24

Mortuus wrote:Does the bezel turn clockwise...? That's about the only thing I can come up with; sorry about that, DB...
Damn, it does turn clockwise (only). I'm not into divers and rotating bezels. I have couple and I just set them in the standard position and leave it. What would the function of this bizarro world bezel be Mortuus?

DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-05-09, 21:38

DBCooper wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Does the bezel turn clockwise...? That's about the only thing I can come up with; sorry about that, DB...
Damn, it does turn clockwise (only). I'm not into divers and rotating bezels. I have couple and I just set them in the standard position and leave it. What would the function of this bizarro world bezel be Mortuus?

Most dive watches have the standard counter-clockwise (ccw) bezel; you put the 'pip' at your minute hand's position at the start of your dive, then count up from there to determine how many minutes of dive time has elapsed/still remains. In the case of your Victorinox, the minute hand is lined up with the projected amount of total dive time and your minute hand counts downward from there to the 'pip.' Put simply: most bezels count up, yours counts down. Your Victorinox is a beautiful watch, and having that seldom-seen feature is just icing on the cake, IMHO. Well done, DB! What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by DBCooper 2012-05-10, 18:44

Makes sense to me. Thanks for the explanation Mort!
DBCooper
DBCooper
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down