WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay

2 posters

Go down

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Empty My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay

Post by Mortuus 2014-02-15, 23:41

I originally started off this post with a very eloquent, 300-word essay that ultimately blossomed into thousands of words, telling each and every detail as to how I took this or that picture, what light it was in, yadda-yadda-yadda. I was mercifully only about half way through this novel when I realized that the photos were getting squashed, one-at-a-time, between all those damned, pretty much meaningless words.

So I decided to nix the vast majority of the blabbery and let these pictures speak largely for themselves.

Let's start with a few of my old pictures of my lone Rollie, my beloved Air King, as taken with my now-broken and long-gone Nikon:

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay DSCN76432_zps2df60b11

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay DSCN76422_zps0160f00c

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay DSCN76452_zps45d3a88d

None of them are per se awful, but at the same time, none of them catch the real beauty that resides within the angles, curves and other lines that make this watch a true Rolex. Additionally, the stainless-colored sunray dial seems to all but disappear into the stainless steel of the case and bracelet. Some of the dial details show up consistently, others don't.

But now, with a new camera and all the desire in the world to show off the true beauty extant in this watch, here are the results:

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-14_zps03e5e5c3

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-15_zps6739ce28

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-10_zps1270ae75

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-07_zps0ff52af4

Not bad, eh? Here are some more:

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-04_zps7686f100

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-09_zps40cc97a0

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-11_zpsff70aff6

I love the close-up shot above. Interestingly -- at least to me, anyhow -- is that, where before I was taking beaucoup shots and throwing out eight or nine of every ten pictures, now I'm taking fewer shots and keeping the vast majority of them...

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-02_zps73465d68

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-03_zpsf3a2e332

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-01_zps32d62446

Even the troublesome wrist shots, which so completely and dramatically change the light and color schemes of any picture, are now taken with relative ease. And this new camera has the agility to go from watch-only to wrist and back to watch-only again with nary a fault.

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-05_zpsd429b44f

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-13_zpscff804b2

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-08_zps0675525d

My camera: Samsung WB350F "Smart Camera" with Hybrid Touch Screen and 21X Lense

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Rollie-11_zpsff70aff6

In past, I always felt the need to begin all of my presentations with a disclaimer and, if really awful, an apology for the quality -- or lack thereof -- of the photos contained therein. Now, after taking some pretty doggoned good pictures of this, my first Rollie and most difficult-to-photograph watch all rolled up into one, I have a lot more confidence and, by extension, a lot more fun while taking these watch snapshots.

Many thanks for dropping by, all. You guys rock!  What a Face 
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Empty Re: My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay

Post by wottime 2014-02-21, 23:07

Can definitely tell a difference between the old and new cameras. Great resolution on the later. I know nothing of cameras, but can tell a difference in pictures taken by the two. It helps that you had a really great piece of art (not your hairy arm) to photograph. Love that Rolex. More detail and definition through the new camera does help.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay Empty Re: My Once-Plain Rollie & the New Camera: A Photo Essay

Post by Mortuus 2014-02-21, 23:17

Thanks, wotts, both for the bon mots and for dropping by ... What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down