WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

wtb zodiac oceanaire

+4
Ocean
Mortuus
conjurer
arubalou
8 posters

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

wtb zodiac oceanaire - Page 4 Empty Re: wtb zodiac oceanaire

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-05, 22:12

conjurer wrote:
arubalou wrote:as alwaz thanku muhtch. yew r a gud man and ei si prowd too bee asosiatid with yoo. bye tha way the UPS man just drahped off mi knew seico dyvr. it is nyse not a yeller oshunaire but me lykes it.

the Yaller oceanaut-air is A peace of krap, and Any-one who bies One is a Dick!
Hain't chew goan putt thait thar kopyryte simbul own thayt staytmint, Conjoiner? Yew kain't git X-clewsiv wraits tuh thayt staytmunt widdout thayt simbul...en ah Stil theenk thayt Kindie Klopklopper woulda bin ah beter naym thin invicter riunn - wiff awl dew rispekt tew aruaruaruarubaloobaloobi. iVincter rine izz ever bit az shit-T az dan'l greein wiff hiz poofy lil britshish ayksint...he'z limpur thain uh cocktayul unyun inna fryn pane!!

Ah gnu ah shuddent look at shawp en-bee-see, but now them invicter peeple hav teykkin there DNA and uzing old soder canes azz diyals an dim Timple izza goin BOOGERS ober it...heez allreddy inturuptured hizselff uh duzzen er mower tymz witch iz verri rood tew misstur Leo Allo whooz thuh Cee EE OH of invicturd wawetchezz..... Suspect
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-06, 02:12

Day-um, Mortensen, that's Is about the Most prefound Things I've ever herd You say on the Interwebs and Faces-book and So fourth. Your are like The hole Algonquin round tabel rolled Up in-to 1.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-06, 02:47

conjurer wrote:Day-um, Mortensen, that's Is about the Most prefound Things I've ever herd You say on the Interwebs and Faces-book and So fourth. Your are like The hole Algonquin round tabel rolled Up in-to 1.

Why, thaynk ewe varry mutch, Contimplator...butt serriusly, ah doan no zackly whut ah sedd thaytuzz sew pro-fayund...if'n ah deed sey sumthun intreegin, t'was pur axydent, ah kinn asssure ewe...yessir, uh-HAW...thankyuh, thankyuhverruhmuch... What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-06, 11:20

Jeebus mortansing, You tende to Hyde you're lite onder a Buschall baskat. i Think you Should run for orriface or Sum such, what With you're soring retorical and what-not, GODAM it.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by arubalou 2012-09-06, 11:59

aih sekund yur prospozishun MR concomitr. myster morettusss kud bee traylir pahrk mayir

arubalou

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles 2012-09-06, 22:10

conjurer wrote:I just wanted to apologize to Doc Needles, seeing as this is the longest running thread in the forum's short history.

This forum's history is long and illustrious, just like my johnson.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-06, 22:16

mrneddles wrote:
conjurer wrote:I just wanted to apologize to Doc Needles, seeing as this is the longest running thread in the forum's short history.

This forum's history is long and illustrious, just like my johnson.

And ropey and thick as well.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-06, 23:47

Don't forget empurpled and turgid...with big gouts and runnels of carpet custard bursting forth like foam from an AFFF-Halon shipboard firefighting rig...er...well...maybe not... Shocked
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-06, 23:52

Mortuus wrote:Don't forget empurpled and turgid...with big gouts and runnels of carpet custard bursting forth like foam from an AFFF-Halon shipboard firefighting rig...er...well...maybe not... Shocked

Now we've got a good discourse going on here.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-07, 02:21

Conflagrator wrote:Jeebus mortansing, You tende to Hyde you're lite onder a Buschall baskat. i Think you Should run for orriface or Sum such, what With you're soring retorical and what-not, GODAM it.

arubalou wrote:aih sekund yur prospozishun MR concomitr. myster morettusss kud bee traylir pahrk mayir

Ewe fellerz shore is offal nice, butt eye doan thank eye cud handel sich uh presstiggyuss an hi-powdered possityun azz mayir of thuuh Thundurbrid Mobal Estayts Traler Pork an Awl-Star Hokkey Lownge...ah mean, seriusly, fellerz, uh man amounts tuh sumthin whin he c'n do uh jawb lyke that'un. Seriusly, guyz, ah doan thimk ah cud dew it addy-quatley, pluss yuh gawtuh rememember thayut ah livv innuh singul-wyde, sew ah hain't evin wurthy uv oppucying ocuppyng thuh dubbil-wyde zecutive manshun thayt thuh mayir gits tuh liyuv in - thuh rezidence inkludes uh gen-u-wine Jakqueesi own thuh bakk poerch an uh tew kar gurawdge!! Naw, fellerz, ah jus cain't bring muhselff tuh evin cunsidder sich uh possishun uh honur un schitt...ah doan see muh'self livin innywherr neer thuh 'White Dubbelwyde' at thish year poynt in tyme. P'raps ah mite gofer Sekerterry uv Steak,, whooz thuh feller whut gits thuh bar-buh-Q meets n poletree tugether fur the weakly bur-bar-Q's out by thuh 'bove groun pewl.Ah cud then may be 'ventially werk muh way up tew thuh 'WD.' cyclops
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-07, 02:27

conjurer wrote:
Mortuus wrote:Don't forget empurpled and turgid...with big gouts and runnels of carpet custard bursting forth like foam from an AFFF-Halon shipboard firefighting rig...er...well...maybe not... Shocked

Now we've got a good discourse going on here.
Discourse, datcourse, bluecourse, REDCOURSE...Duuude, it's all so profound... confused
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by arubalou 2012-09-08, 21:25

dammit!!! whaht abowt meye oshunair!!

arubalou

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-08, 22:26

arubalou wrote:dammit!!! whaht abowt meye oshunair!!

the Ocean-nair is Aboot the finast dyver's is watche Availilbal in The world Twoday. it Is big and cool and empurpalled, with ropes and Viens, just Like Docter needals John Thomas. i'm Am verry Happy That you gott 1, aruaruaru-aruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaru-baleew. rube The gote. Grate pics, Two!
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-09, 01:19

WOW!! Congradulayshuns, mr. aruaruaruaruarukowabunga!! Ah hade kno idear ewe hade gawten yore yaller O-shunHair, mutch lesss tuken reel pickshures uv Itt. Whar is they? Ah luk'd intew thuh gnu/owlde suckshun sexshun, an ah sawr yer gnu Sittyzunn wawtch intree, butt ah din't see no yaller nor wyte O-Shun-Hairr wistwratch...did'ew put'er sumwharz ayulce ayulse elsie differn't?? Ah hadduh pea reel offal bayd, sew Ah stawped'uh lookun ferrit...may-B ewe-awl c'n tail me wharr t'is..? Iff nawt, thaa thass o'kee doh'kee by me, yessir. Ah doan mayk no nemervind nevermine. What a Face What a Face
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by arubalou 2012-09-09, 07:57

nononono i wants me a yellor oshunhair dammit but kant find me on o dem badbois. i hadded two bye me a sako in the meentime!!!

arubalou

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-09, 11:27

arubalou wrote:nononono i wants me a yellor oshunhair dammit but kant find me on o dem badbois. i hadded two bye me a sako in the meentime!!!

sorrie!

the Seekow soler is Aboot the finast dyver's is watche Availilbal in The world Twoday. it Is big and cool and empurpalled, with ropes and Viens, just Like Docter needals John Thomas. i'm Am verry Happy That you gott 1, aruaruaru-aruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaru-baleew. rube The gote. Grate pics, Two!
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-10, 00:54

Yeassir, mistur Conjoinedinator, butt mistur arururururururator wunst wun uh thim O-sheen worchezz innuh yaller culler!! An wee ain' dunn nuthun tuh hepp him fine wun...ah fer wun am reel sorey, mistur aru+15. Eyeyull trah tuh fine ewe wun butt ah doan no if'n ah cane er nawt...
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by arubalou 2012-09-10, 07:17

conjurer wrote:
arubalou wrote:nononono i wants me a yellor oshunhair dammit but kant find me on o dem badbois. i hadded two bye me a sako in the meentime!!!

sorrie!

the Seekow soler is Aboot the finast dyver's is watche Availilbal in The world Twoday. it Is big and cool and empurpalled, with ropes and Viens, just Like Docter needals John Thomas. i'm Am verry Happy That you gott 1, aruaruaru-aruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaruaru-baleew. rube The gote. Grate pics, Two!

roaps and vanes ar kul. thaank yew so much fore likin mie gnu wach.

arubalou

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-09-10, 09:36

Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-10, 11:05

this Is nice Oshun but it's is ain't not Yellar.

*Breaking character here* Also, $350 seems like a lot of jack for one of these. Are these really so rare? I know there were a buttload of these selling back and forth a few years ago, when it was the "It" watch, the one to have on all the fora.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by mrneddles 2012-09-10, 11:12

conjurer wrote: when it was the "It" watch, the one to have on all the fora.

I bought into the "It" watch with the oceaniare. Found it uncomfortable as hell and the second hand sweep moved like a drunk hobo staggering down a dirty alley.
mrneddles
mrneddles
Founding Member & Administrator

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-09-10, 11:47

mrneddles wrote:
conjurer wrote: when it was the "It" watch, the one to have on all the fora.

I bought into the "It" watch with the oceaniare. Found it uncomfortable as hell and the second hand sweep moved like a drunk hobo staggering down a dirty alley.

Yes, I owned one, too. Apart from the comfort thing, which to me wasn't too bad (a ringing endorsement!) the 6bps sweep of the seconds hand on mine was OK. It came with a Claro 888, the same movement that Lior used in many of his cheaper Swiss Legend autos. The Claro has a pretty checkered past; some companies (like Edouard Lauzieres) uses it, but it's heavily modified. Many WIS's consider the Claro (made by George J. Von Berg) to be nothing more than a Chinese movement that's slapped together in Switzerland.

Interestingly, a couple of years ago I attempted to do some research into the Claro company, and was stymied by the fact that it's all very secretive--back then, Claro didn't even have a website--and there was a lot of internet chatter that Claro wasn't even located in Switzerland. Then, there was more chatter last year that Claro had closed their doors and gone out of business. I discussed this with an industry insider who was in the know, and he informed me that Claro had taken an absurdly large order from a large company for movements, and the client had renigged on the contract, which forced Claro into bankruptcy. Since then, Claro was brought back to life by an influx of cash from several of the smaller companies they did business with.

In terms of the Oceanaire, the last I heard about it from Zodiac was either last year or the year before, I forget which, where they were updating the line with new dials and whatnot, but I never saw them for sale anywhere except on Zodie's website. I think that Fossil, which owns Zodiac, doesn't really know how to market the brand.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-09-10, 11:58

Fossil owns Claro from what I understand they shut it down in 2009, but the website is back up and running. It seems like there are a lot of them flooding the market out of the SWI group not sure why or how. Here is the website http://www.clarowatch.com/movements.html
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-09-10, 12:52

I've noticed a couple of brands that are using the CL 888, most notably the fashion brand Evisu, who do the majority of their selling on WoW. The watches themselves look nice enough, though I'd never even heard of Claro until I did a search on the name over at WL back when I thought I might give an Evisu a try.

The question I have is do they buy Chinese components and then build the completed movements over in Swiss factories? (Probably a dumb question, since it seems they're keeping things close to the vest...) And, yes, I'm still looking at a couple of Evisu watches, though not with any sense of urgency.

(And damn, it's kind of hard to 'step out of character' and go back to correct dickshun an speling n' awl thayt sheeyutt... What a Face )
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-09-10, 14:03

It is the ST16 movement that becomes the CL888.

http://www.tractionink.com/watch_wiki/index.php?title=Claro-Semag
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 4 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next