WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer...

+2
eddiea
conjurer
6 posters

Go down

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... Empty A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer...

Post by conjurer 2012-11-03, 13:02

A Seiko SRP125K1, to be exact:

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 001mcu

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 004zey

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 005iny

This one has the new 4R36 movement, which handwinds and hacks:

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 007ewr

It's a nice size, too, a little over 41mm:

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 009bw

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 010zfw

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 012fca

And, the lume's decent!:

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... 013yft

I got this from WorldofWatches for a pittance; they still have some:

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=116835

I think this will be a great one for my final "How Bad Can It Be?" series.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... Empty Re: A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer...

Post by eddiea 2012-11-03, 14:22

I don't think that one "can be bad" actually this should be the first of the ...
"How Good they Can Get?" series...looks good!!
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer... Empty Re: A New Seiko Lands At Casa Conjurer...

Post by conjurer 2012-11-03, 15:24

eddiea wrote:I don't think that one "can be bad" actually this should be the first of the ...

Thanks, Eddie! Actually, for the price I got it at ($124 including shipping) places this one pretty perfectly in the rules I was using, to wit: 1. Automatic, 2. Street price of around $100. I saw this as a way to edumacate the budding geeks out there what they were really getting for their century note. Also, it's a fun way to break balls of Stuhrling, Invicter, et al.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by bigedsurf 2012-11-03, 15:50

Can't beat a Seiko 5..........Price or Performance.
bigedsurf
bigedsurf
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by eddiea 2012-11-03, 16:11

conjurer wrote:
eddiea wrote:I don't think that one "can be bad" actually this should be the first of the ...
Thanks, Eddie! Actually, for the price I got it at ($124 including shipping) places this one pretty perfectly in the rules I was using, to wit: 1. Automatic, 2. Street price of around $100. I saw this as a way to edumacate the budding geeks out there what they were really getting for their century note. Also, it's a fun way to break balls of Stuhrling, Invicter, et al.
Just got a SNZH53 from foggy otherwise, I'll jump all over that one Cool
eddiea
eddiea

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-11-03, 16:31

Agree with Eddie, not bad at all. Great value for that handsome fella.

And you are right, us budding geeks need a good learnin' from you smarter, more experienced types. Considering I am probably the least experienced collector here, I appreciate the guys here and at WL, and have learned a tremendous amount from you guys.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-11-03, 17:24

wottime wrote:Agree with Eddie, not bad at all. Great value for that handsome fella.

And you are right, us budding geeks need a good learnin' from you smarter, more experienced types. Considering I am probably the least experienced collector here, I appreciate the guys here and at WL, and have learned a tremendous amount from you guys.

the Moste impourtent Thing two lern Is how too Speke Geek. i Reck-on.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-11-03, 20:14

Pooper engalesh ish a must. Fingering out wot to says an howe ta says it is impotent. Lerning of whoreology is fun.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-11-03, 21:40

wottime wrote:Pooper engalesh ish a must. Fingering out wot to says an howe ta says it is impotent. Lerning of whoreology is fun.

i Went two sea The docter the Othar day & he sayd i Was impotent, so i Went out and Boughtaned a new Tuxeydo.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Ocean 2012-11-03, 22:19

Nice. end of story nothing else to see, lets move along please. Nice pick up conjurer!
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Post by Mortuus 2012-11-04, 00:49

Oh, great, John...you just had to tell us where to get that puppy after the sale is over...oh, but WAIT! If you pay the regular price NOW, they'll let you buy a way-cool double-watchwinder-cabinet thingy for only $95! (But it was already on sale for $95...Jeebus, what a bunch of scheisty-scheibens!)

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=118903

And we all know how wonderfully well watchwinders work, wight? Suspect

All kidding aside, thanks for the close look at this great-looking ITZW, Conj. The regular price of $141 is still a steal, IMHO. And the winder? er...not-so-much-no-uh-uh... Suspect
Mortuus
Mortuus
Founder

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-11-04, 01:12

Ocean wrote:Nice. end of story nothing else to see, lets move along please. Nice pick up conjurer!

Thanks, John!
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by conjurer 2012-11-04, 01:13

Mortuus wrote:Oh, great, John...you just had to tell us where to get that puppy after the sale is over...oh, but WAIT! If you pay the regular price NOW, they'll let you buy a way-cool double-watchwinder-cabinet thingy for only $95! (But it was already on sale for $95...Jeebus, what a bunch of scheisty-scheibens!)

http://www.worldofwatches.com/detail.asp?bo_products_variance_id=118903

And we all know how wonderfully well watchwinders work, wight? Suspect

All kidding aside, thanks for the close look at this great-looking ITZW, Conj. The regular price of $141 is still a steal, IMHO. And the winder? er...not-so-much-no-uh-uh... Suspect

Thanks, Mort! I didn't bother with the watch winder, either.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down