WATCHFORUMS.ORG
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands

4 posters

Go down

Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands Empty Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands

Post by Ocean 2012-08-28, 15:50

From Hautetime http://www.hautetime.com/rolex-harry-winston-sue-to-protect-brands/
Knew about the Rolex case not about the one from Harry Winston. I don't know how this is going to turn out but it will have long term effects on the watch world. I know in the first case if it is proven that they are using counterfeit parts, I will be yelling from the roof top for nobody to do business with them period.

Article by: Dan Ruisi

Two prominent watchmakers are engaged in trademark disputes in the United States, in cases that are sure to set precedents for the industry of haute horology.

Rolex is at odds with Melrose.com, an online buyer, seller and refurbisher of luxury watches that has been accused of using counterfeit parts to fix Rolex watches. Rolex is seeking an injunction barring the company – which brings in $10 million in revenues a year – from mentioning the Rolex name on their website.

Melrose.com President Krishnan Agarwal brushed of Rolex’s claims as “ridiculous”, adding “If you install after-market rims on a Ford Mustang, it doesn’t mean it’s not a Ford Mustang.”

Meanwhile near Boston, jeweler and watchmaker Harry Winston is fighting what it considers an infringement on its logo design by a local jeweler. M.K. Winston of Newbury, Mass. is accused of using a prominent “W” in their logo that looks suspiciously familiar to the house of Winston. M.K. Winston’s owner, Matt Khatib, claims the name is a conglomeration of his initials and his father-in-law’s name.

Trade groups like the Jeweler’s Vigilance Committee are meant to guard their members against the piracy of their intellectual property, but in the Rolex case the accused party is also a member of the committee.

The logo's
Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands HarryWinston1-300x247
Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands Mk_logo_full-300x196
Ocean
Ocean

Back to top Go down

Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands Empty Re: Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands

Post by AJC 2012-08-28, 21:23

I'm sorry... but harry winston is plumb loco if they see a similarity.
AJC
AJC

Back to top Go down

Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands Empty Re: Rolex, Harry Winston Sue to Protect Brands

Post by conjurer 2012-08-28, 21:28

It would seem that Harry Winston's lawyers are bored or something.
conjurer
conjurer

Back to top Go down

Post by wottime 2012-08-29, 00:33

Wait a minute. There is a 'W' in my name and it looks strikingly similar to the 'W' in Harry Winston and to the same 'W' in M.K. Winston.....might be onto something here.
wottime
wottime

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down